The simFlight Network Forums
snoopy_belgium

IVAO dat file is outdated (commented)

Dear Mr. Heine,

Last weekend I was online flying on IVAO in Germany. The control areas shown on the IVAO webeye and in FS commander did not match, so it was difficult to see when I had to connect to the control zone and to which control zone.

The IVAO dat file that can be downloaded on your website is rather old (2014), so probably it is time to have an update of it. I have read on this forum that IVAO did not publish any updates anymore, so in the past it was not possible for you to deliver this update.

But on the forum of another flighttool (EFB from Aivlasoft) I read now that they have received a new update of the IVAO data (their dat file was even older because of 2013) and they are distributing it with now their latest update. 

Would it be possible to deliver the new IVAO dat file also on the FS Commander website?

Best regards,

Snoopy

Belgium

Hi Snoopy,

this is nothing new. Having read your posting, I searched in the EFB-Forum. I found 1 Link to a file, but it was a dead link.

I have had an extensive email exchange with Volker Heine regarding this matter. He actually quite accurately says the same thing as Urs in the EFB Forum.

That he has many times in vain tried to get the *.dat file from IVAO with no result. In the mean time he has given up trying to do that.

The question is why they do not publish the -.dat file? Do they have anything to hide?

Have you, as an IVAO member tried to get that file? If yes, did you receive an answer?

If find it quite strange, because neither EFB, FSC and others send data to IVAO.

Volker has assured me, that if he had any new ivao.dat file, then he would certainly implement it in FSC.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Try IVAO.

I hope this answers your question.

Best regards

Terence

Hi Snoopy,

There is nothing more to add what Terence wrote, except ...

... In the past, there were some kind members who provided me with the necessary files.

Alas, they are not reachable anymore, and we have to stick with the file that is available.

Maybe there is somebody out there, who would be willing to provide the latest *.dat file.

I sure this will not happen.

Maybe we are black listed???

Kind regards,

Volker

Dear Volker and Terence,

Thanks a lot for your fast reply! I have opened this thread because on your forum and on the EFB forum I was reading that IVAO didn't publish any new FIR data anymore. Only recently EFB could solve this problem and they are shipping the new IVAO data in their latest update. You can read it yourself on their forum (http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/2081-current-ivao-data/?hl=ivao).

They had contact with Mr. John Swaney (IVAO Public Relations Assistant Director, email prad@ivao.aero) and he has supplied them with the new data. So maybe you can make contact with this person to receive it also.

In case you don't have any contact link with IVAO, I know some IVAO people from softdev personally because I live close to Brussels and I have met them on some events. So in case you need some assistance, just let me know.

EFB is delivering the new data in their latest update. You can download this update (http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/2117-public-beta-version-166/) and install it (you don't need EFB for installing it), you can find the latest IVAO data files in your documents folder.

Best regards,

Snoopy

Belgium

Hello Snoopy,

thanks for the quick response.

I will contact Mr. John Swaney and explain the situation.

If I have no luck, I'll contact you.

Please write me an e-mail, so that I get your address.
My address can be found here: www.fscommander.com
Once again, many thanks.

Kind regards,

Volker

They can be converted from the webeye .js files. It's a simple task writing a small app to convert it and the webeye is constantly being updated.

If this is allowed, i have no idea, i do it for my own personal app which i use to monitor traffic (i really hate webeye).

Hi NaMcO,

Thanks for sharing this information. You mean by .js files the https://webeye.ivao.aero/js/firs.js javascript file?

This file contains indeed all the coordinates for the FIR's.

Volker, can you use the information in this file to create a new fsc_ivao.dat file? By writing a small program it is very easy I believe.

In the fsc_ivao.dat file I see for every control zone an header line which contains the following information:

;Field 1 ICAO code (preceded by #)
;Field 2 Subtype (may be empty)
;Field 3 country code
;Field 4 name
;Field 5 airspace type
;Field 6 latitude position for entire airspace
;Field 7 longitude position for entire airspace
;Field 8 Authority (may be empty)

I don't know where we can find this information. NaMcO, is this also somewhere in the js files, or do you get this information on another location?

Best regards,

Snoopy

Belgium

Hi Snoopy,

Volker, can you use the information in this file to create a new fsc_ivao.dat file? 

Unfortunately, no!

The fsc_ivao.dat file is based on parsing the files fir.dat and firs.dat which been a part of "Eye of IVAO".

These both files were provided by a very kind member of IVAO recently in August 2014..

If the data are not available in a similar format, I see no way to update the IVAO airspace structure.

If time permits, my real life is not just flight simulation, I will contact the people recommended.

Thank You,

Volker

Hi Volker,

Today I see on the download webpage a new version of the IVAO airspace file. This is really good news! So the communication with IVAO had a succesful ending?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Snoopy

Hi Snoopy,

So the communication with IVAO had a succesful ending?

Unfortunately until today get no feedback.

This data comes from an IVAO users.

The data are not 100% perfect, but still better than the previous ones.
Perhaps you can activate your contacts.

Kind regards,

Volker