The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SirPres

Military AI Traffic

I have used MyTraffic for many years.  All this time, I have never asked the question... what is the best setting for military AI traffic?  For realistic commercial AI traffic, you said 25% to 30% will work.  It is the same with Military traffic?  I assume military traffic is tied to commercial traffic, since it is not separated in FSX or P3D like GA traffic is.  I know it is hard to judge what "realistic" military AI traffic would be, but I would assume that most military aircraft would be at their bases most of the time.  Would setting the commercial traffic to 30% make most of the "realistic" military traffic disappear?

I have used MyTraffic for many years.  All this time, I have never asked the question... what is the best setting for military AI traffic?  For realistic commercial AI traffic, you said 25% to 30% will work.  It is the same with Military traffic?  I assume military traffic is tied to commercial traffic, since it is not separated in FSX or P3D like GA traffic is.  I know it is hard to judge what "realistic" military AI traffic would be, but I would assume that most military aircraft would be at their bases most of the time.  Would setting the commercial traffic to 30% make most of the "realistic" military traffic disappear?

I think Burkhard said before that military traffic is controlled by the commercial traffic settings, since all military is IFR. Maybe you could search the forum for military and get more info.

Military traffic is all random generated along some rules, the response should be linear. This means at 100% the air bases will be busy up to congestions and break down, 25% or so should give some movement and some spare slots for the user.