The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS7

MOVED FROM "USER CONTRIBUTIONS" SUBFORUM

Hi,

I'm looking for WideFS7 but only see WideFS6.99m in the modules update area. I already have a key for WideFS and wonder if WideFS7 requires a new key.   I'm using FSX with W7. Will 6.99m work ok for my setup?

Thanks

Ed

MOVED FROM "USER CONTRIBUTIONS" SUBFORUM

I'm looking for WideFS7 but only see WideFS6.99m in the modules update area. I already have a key for WideFS and wonder if WideFS7 requires a new key.   I'm using FSX with W7. Will 6.99m work ok for my setup?

I moved your post in "User Contributions" to this, the Support Forum, because

1) it is obviously NOT a "user contribution", but a Support request

2) It would have not been answered otherwise.

Answering your questions, I think you are confused because you followed a wrong path, going to a Support location for files instead of the ones designed for you.

If you purchased a WideFS key from SimMarket, then to download it you would have followed a link to the correct download area. There you would have seen that the active part of "WideFS7" is actually included in FSUIPC4. Your registration key unlocks it -- in FSUIPC4.

The Network-connected client PCs run a component of WideFS called WideClient, and that same website you would have gone to tells you to download he WideFS package (whatever version) to get that client. WideClient.EXE is compatible with all versions of the WideFS server ("WideServer") from #1 to #7. 

You can download he package here, in Download Links, where you will see

WideFS version 6.999m WideFS 6.999m

Full release including documentation.

-- signature removed

-- See WideClient changes below.

WideClient 6.999x WideClient 6.999x

-- 6.999x adds "ReconnectMinutes", a facility to automatically reconnect periodically.

The complete package (the first one above) includes WideServer.DLL, which for FSX and later you discard. The main reason you need that package is for the documentation. Sunbsequently you only ever need updates for FSUIPC and WideClient, because it is very very unlikely that the main WideFS documentation will ever change.

Hope this clears up your confusion?

Pete

My apologies Pete. I goofed and got mixed up in the wrong area again!  Sorry to waste  your time moving the question over to this forum.

I've had the key for years...since I bought FSUIPC long ago...just had no need for WideFS until now as the cockpit is starting to come together. After reading the documentation I realized WideFS7 is integrated with FSUIPC now so all I really needed was the latest version of FSUIPC and I eventually found that.

Hope this clears up your confusion?

Yes. Thanks for clearing up my blunder. It was quite a mixup as I couldn't find my own post to check for a reply.

All the best

Ed