The simFlight Network Forums
babewatcher

My traffic 6 and windows 10

Hello

I just purchased a new computer with windows 10 installed. I'm looking to start from scratch with fsx and have been a my traffic user for 6 yrs now.  I'm interested in purchasing My Traffic 6 . My question is will MT6 work with windows 10?

Thanks

Don

Yes, I have it running under Windows 10 myself. The only constraint that is improtant is that you install MyTraffic to a place where you have full control.  

Thanks for the reply . That is good to know. Since I am not familiar with windows 10 , why would I not have full control on my computer period. Where do you suggest I install it ? IN windows 7 I had it installed inside the FSX directory. Im looking at installing FSX-SE so IM taking that your suggesting that I put it somewhere outside the FSX-SE install.

Thanks

Definitvely outside the FSX SE structure, sind FSX SE is installed into a Steam Cache and Steam will modify everything it finds in its structure.

If you install your sim into the default program(x86) structure, Microsoft will not allow you full control of it, even if as administrator.

So if you have a drive for data where you have full control, place MyTraffic there, in the end it is data only (plus a few tools that do not need to be installed, just run on their own).

Hi Burkhard

I see that you have My Traffic 6 working with FSX and Windows 10.

My FSX is set up on D:\ Program Files (x86). If I put My Traffic 6 on, for example, D:\MyTraffic will it work?

Thanks very much

Chris Hayes

Edited by chrishayes001
typo