The simFlight Network Forums

Slow performance FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS

Delphi

Hello Paul,

today I played with FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS, latest beta of V3 from January 2016 (at least what I could find in one of the threads)

As I understand it is not necessary to send a FSUIPCConnection.Process after FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS. Works basically, but the performance is much slower than when I fill 0x3110 and 0x3114 by myself and initiate a FSUIPCConnection.Process afterwards. I did not do any exact performance benchmarks between both methods. Played just a bit around with the encoder of COM1 STBY WHOLE (65636, 65637). The subjective observation is that the COM1 STBY display is 3x slower with  FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS compared the 'old fashion' way. Because FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS would save me some lines of code, I would rather use that method then the old way. Perhaps you will find some time to look into the issue.

Best regards, Ruediger

Hi Ruediger,

There was a deliberate delay of 200ms built into the SendControlToFS() method. I don't remember why I added it and I can't see any reason for it to be there now.

I've attached a new version with the delay removed. That should speed things up a bit :smile:

Thanks for reporting this.

Paul

FSUIPCClient3.0_BETA.zip

• 4 years later...