The simFlight Network Forums

Dual Saitek Quadrants

Hi, Pete.  Don't know if this is an FSUIIPC problem or a Saitek problem.  Have connected my second quadrant to the first using the round connector (don't remember the name).  The light on the second quadrant comes on and also on the first.  It is not, however, showing as connected in either the Windows Game Controller setup, FSUIPC or in fsuipc4.ini.  Here's what the .ini files looks like.

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
2=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
2.GUID={269DA5B0-18C3-11E0-8001-444553540000}
3=Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant
3.GUID={10B71790-2C2A-11E3-8001-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
1.GUID={FB92F770-18CD-11E0-8001-444553540000}

I would assume that the system is connected because the light is on.  Also I have plugged the first quadrant into a powered USB port.

Suggestions?

Jeff Even

Hi, Pete.  Don't know if this is an FSUIIPC problem or a Saitek problem.  Have connected my second quadrant to the first using the round connector (don't remember the name).  The light on the second quadrant comes on and also on the first.  It is not, however, showing as connected in either the Windows Game Controller setup, FSUIPC or in fsuipc4.ini.  Here's what the .ini files looks like.

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
2=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
2.GUID={269DA5B0-18C3-11E0-8001-444553540000}
3=Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant
3.GUID={10B71790-2C2A-11E3-8001-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
1.GUID={FB92F770-18CD-11E0-8001-444553540000}

I would assume that the system is connected because the light is on.  Also I have plugged the first quadrant into a powered USB port.

Suggestions?

Jeff Even

Sorry, I've no idea about anything to do with Saitek. I always thought any second quadrant was a direct USB connection to the PC, that the yoke only supported one quadrant directly connected.  The free-standing Saitek quadrant I had hasn't any sockets at all.

Pete

The '2nd quadrant' you connected via the connector on the yoke does not show up as a seperate controller

but instead is 'part of' the Yoke.

So, controller "2" above will include not only thr yoke axiz and buttons but also the newly connected quadrant

axis and buttons.

If you go to the FSUIPC4 Sitches and Buttons tab (or whatever it is labeled) and press a button on the

newly connected quadrant you should see the number assigned to that button. If you assign a function

to it it will show up in your INI file with the device #2 followed by the button number.

I have letters assigned yo my Saitex Pro yoke and two throttle quads.

"A" is the 'stand alone' USB connected quadrant and "D" is the Yoke and quadrant connected to it.

My assignments shoq these numbers:

Controller D - 14,15,16,17,18,19 for the 6 double throw momentaty switches  on the yoke-connected quad.

Examples:

2=PD,14,C66535,0 ;//TOGGLE MASTER IGNITION

3=PD,15,C66023,0 ;//MAGS OFF

Controller A - 0,1,2,3,4,5 for the 6 double throw momentaty switches  on the USB-connected quad.

Examples:

8=PA,0,C66129,0 ;//MAGNETO 2 INC

9=PA,1,C66128,0 ;//MAGNETO 3 DEC

Paul

Just followed your instructions, Paul, and still nothing.  Again, 2nd quadrant doesn't show up even in the Windows Game Controller window.  No reaction in FSUIPC with 2nd quadrant.  Wondering if there is something wrong with my connection to the yoke on the 2nd quadrant.  As I said, I am getting the green light on both quadrants so the connection should be good.

Jeff

Have connected my second quadrant to the first using the round connector (don't remember the name).  The light on the second quadrant comes on and also on the first.  It is not, however, showing as connected in either the Windows Game Controller setup, FSUIPC or in fsuipc4.ini.  Here's what the .ini files looks like.

Suggestions?

Jeff Even

Jeff,

FSUIPC will only recognise the throttle if Windows can see it. I'm a bit confused because it's the first throttle quadrant that has the round connector. A second one has a standard USB plug which can plug either into the USB hub on the Pro Yoke or directly to a port on your computer.

Sounds like you have the connections wrong. Swap the throttles around and start only with the one with the round plug. See if Windows recognises that and if it does plug the second throttle into the Pro Yoke. The Pro Yoke should be plugged into a powered hub.

That's how I have mine and it's fine.

Plugging in only the round connector into the yoke doesn't work either.  Not recognized by Game controller or FSUIPC.  Yoke USB is plugged into a powered hub.

Frustrating... especially when I know I had it connected (both of them) before.

J

Whenever I had a 'disconnect' on one or both of my throttle quads the 'green lights' were

either of or coming on for a second and then going off for a few and repeating.

If you have steady green lights that tends to say the quads are being seen. It just may be

that you have a defective quadrant. Unfortunately it is the one with the proprietary connector

so you can't move it to another port to test it.

I assume that yur yoke and the buttons on it are seen and working in the FSUIPC4 assignment

menus (Axis and Buttons  & Switches). If so that sure seems to point to a defective quadrant.

Paul

Yeah, all yoke axis and buttons are working fine.  Actually the quadrant with the USB connector is the one I got with the purchase of the yoke and quad.  The one with the round connector is the one I ordered a couple years later because the mount on the first one broke.  Ends up I fixed the mount on the first one (USB) (thanks superglue) and am now using that one without any problem.  I've even gone so far as to do a system restore but the PC and FSUIPC still can't see it.

I'll wiggle and jiggle some more and let you know.

Thanks again, Paul

J

Jeff,

I was wrong earlier when I said the throttle quadrants show up in Devices and Printers. They don't. Instead, double-click the Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant. Switch to the Hardware tab.

You should see two entries - one HID and one USB. If you do then all should be well.