The simFlight Network Forums

I cannot find offsets for PMDG NGX DC AC Voltage Screen

I would like to use green 7-segment-LEDs to simulate the voltage "screen" in the forward-overhead.

But I do not find any offset-addresses to read from.

I might not have the latest Offset-document, since I understand, that PMDG added DC AC voltage information into their latest update (is this true?).

Is there an official link to the lkatest pdf?

737_voltage_screen.png

Regards

Sven

Ok, I found in this thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/369533-pmdg-sdk-overhead-displays/

that this is provided in the FSX standard offsets.

But I thinks it is not all the values there.

I tried

2824 8 Total load amps 282C 8 Battery load 2834 8 Battery voltage 2840 8 Main bus voltage 2848 8 Main bus amps 2850 8 Avionics bus voltage 2858 8 Avionics bus amps 2860 8 Hot battery bus voltage 2868 8 Hot battery bus amps 2870 8 Battery bus voltage 2878 8 Battery bus amps 2880 8 Generator alternator 1 bus voltage 2888 8 Generator alternator 1 bus amps 2890 8 Generator alternator 2 bus voltage 2898 8 Generator alternator 2 bus amps 28A0 8 Generator alternator 3 bus voltage 28A8 8 Generator alternator 3 bus amps 28B0 8 Generator alternator 4 bus voltage 28B8 8 Generator alternator 4 bus amps       0B5C 4 APU generator voltage level, 32-bit float DOES NOT WORK

I don't get the 400V AC Voltage, just the 115V

Guys, how Do You handle this in Your cockpits?

I would like to use green 7-segment-LEDs to simulate the voltage "screen" in the forward-overhead.

But I do not find any offset-addresses to read from.

I might not have the latest Offset-document, since I understand, that PMDG added DC AC voltage information into their latest update (is this true?).

Is there an official link to the lkatest pdf?

The latest offset lists are installed automatically into your FSUIPC Documents subfolder, as clearly stated in the list of things installed in the Installing and Registering guide inside the ZIP with the FSUIPC4 Installer. Did you NEVER even look at any of the FSUIPC Documents and other goodies supplied there?

Provided your PMDG 737NGX is up to date, and you've allowed it in the PMSG SDK settings, all of the information relating to the 737NGX is provided in special offsets, listed in the List of PMDG 737NGX offsets document, also installed where you can easily find it!

Pete

True.

I overlooked this while having dozends of explorer windows and pdfs open.

And it is like I found out: The voltages and amps are standard FSX-values, not PMDG-related.

But they are not complete. I don't have the 400V value anywhere.

Since the values are changing in the green display of the 737 when the selector knob is used, there must be memory addresses, where the PMDG NGX handles those displayed values.

I still wonder, how the cokpit-simmers deal with that.

And it is like I found out: The voltages and amps are standard FSX-values, not PMDG-related.

But they are not complete. I don't have the 400V value anywhere.

You didn't look far enough then!

The 737NGX offsets not only include the information you need for the Electrical Meter displays, they provide them ready formatted just as on the display itself. See offsets 6C40 and 6C4D in the "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX" document!

Pete

Right!

I finally found it, because those values are not listet in the overhead-section, but at the bottom under "Additional variables: added by update SP1D

March 2015". I didn't expect this (Why should I scroll down the whole document, when I checked all of the ELECTRICAL section and see, that they are not included - that's, how my personal OS acts...).

Many thanks anyway!

Next adventure: MobiFlight throws an exception when trying to handle strings...

Sven

I finally found it, because those values are not listet in the overhead-section, but at the bottom under "Additional variables: added by update SP1D

March 2015". I didn't expect this (Why should I scroll down the whole document, when I checked all of the ELECTRICAL section and see, that they are not included - that's, how my personal OS acts...).

Blame PMDG. That's where they are in its data structure. FSUIPC just spplies it as it is. I expect PMDG put the additions at the end to save folks who had already written programs for the original data set having to make changes to remain compatible.

Pete