The simFlight Network Forums

Offset pmdg

As I wrote above :

On 9/19/2020 at 1:40 AM, piotr66 said:

I believe I have PMDG broadcast .

I’m using app called MobiFlight for home cockpit builders and I’m able to get all PMDG offset. I’m displaying on LCD or LED display all MPC values (HDG,) and change those values using rotary encoders. It’s working with no problem.

But MobiFlight is using Pete Dowson version of FSUIPCDotNetClient2.4.

On 9/20/2020 at 11:10 PM, Thomas Richter said:

Btw- did you check with FSUIPC logging IPC read/write? As PMDG doesn't use FSUIPC itself the logging doesn't get hammered. It might give an idea what read requests are there.

Frankly speaking ,a I dont know how to do it. 😞

On 9/20/2020 at 12:23 PM, Paul Henty said:

On the CDU: PMDG Setup -> About says 1.1

In the document:

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\README_PMDG_737-800-900_NGX.txt

it says: v1.10.6461 at the top.

May be our version are don’t the same. You have version form steam, I have “standalone”.

Is you version up to date?

May be our version are don’t the same. You have version form steam, I have “standalone”.

Is you version up to date?

I don't know if mine is  up-to-date because the PMDG manager program can't check for newer versions anymore. It must be too old and unsupported by now.

There might be different versions for FSX and FSX:SE. I don't know. It would seem unlikely that two products would have the exact same version number. 

It seems to be a problem with the PMDG software or installation. Maybe you should ask them directly or on their support forums.

Another thought - try searching all your drives for 737NGX_Options.ini. You might have more than one installation for some reason and you're editing the wrong file.

Paul

• 11 months later...

First declare yourself a new instance of PMDG_737_NGX_Offsets. Best to do this at the form or module level so you have access to it throughout the code:

Private pmdgOffsets As PMDG_737_NGX_Offsets = New PMDG_737_NGX_Offsets()

Then when you need the values you call RefreshData() and then access the offsets you want: (You'll need an open connection).

pmdgOffsets.RefreshData() ' Get the latest values for the offsets

' Each value is just an offset declared with the correct type.
        Dim ltsPos As Byte = pmdgOffsets.LTS_PositionSw.Value 

MessageBox.Show("LTS_Position = " & ltsPos.ToString())

Paul