The simFlight Network Forums

Menu with fsuipc

Can i create a pop-up into fsx to interact with the user like a atc menù?

Not the same. The FSUIPC facilities for Lua plug-ins provide display facilities using a similarly transparent (and undockable) window (ipc.display and others), where you can display a list of choices and detect keyboard responses, and there's also the ipc.ask facility which is similar and collects its own typed and visible response which could be more than just a detected keypress.

The display facilities can be used from an application program via offsets. That's the way the Radar Contact menu system works, for instance. It registers hotkeys with FSUIPC for the responses.

Pete

The offset for use a menu like radar contact by external program...

Thank you!

Yes, those are they. You get multiline by including new line codes embedded in the text, i.e. "\n", or returns, "\r". Hotkeys for answers are set in the table at offset 3210. Instructions are in the main "FSUIPC for Programmers" document.

Pete

Yes, those are they. You get multiline by including new line codes embedded in the text, i.e. "\n", or returns, "\r". Hotkeys for answers are set in the table at offset 3210. Instructions are in the main "FSUIPC for Programmers" document.

Pete

Sorry but i don't understand,by external program ,i can create a windows with my menu like a uipc.windows method in lua?

Thank you so much.

Sorry but i don't understand,by external program ,i can create a windows with my menu like a uipc.windows method in lua?

Er ... to which facility in Lua are you referring? The ipc.display one? I've already given you the equivalent offsets for an external program. What is confusing you?

Pete

I'm confusing becose i can't find an offset for create a windows like a ipc.display and not a green line with a text...

It isn't a single green line if you include new lines in the text, just like Radar Contact.

There is no facility exactly like the Lua facilities which you can use from an external application program.

You can invoke a Lua program instead from an application program. Otherwise you would need to use SimConnect directly.

Pete