The simFlight Network Forums

No comment ;-)

Satch_999

Wow!  Thanks for posting that.  So much of the past info has been on Facebook or here that I had forgotten to keep an eye on that site.  I guess this means that the official information embargo is finally over.  Loved the moving jetways.  So it says there will be three airports included, just like Tower2011.  So far we know about KLAX and TIST.  Is it safe to assume that the 3rd one will be KMIA?

Andrew

I just wish for two things now, voice communication and the possibility to handle GA traffic requesting to pass through your controlled airspace without landing or using the runway. I hope T&G is already supported for smaller aircraft just wanting to do pattern work. Its a fun task trying to fit that T&G traffic in the landing flow of big aircraft on long final. Just clearing every aircraft coming in to just land and taxi to parking can be a bit monotonous.

Really looking forward to Tower 3D :)

Mike

I just wish for two things now, voice communication and the possibility to handle GA traffic requesting to pass through your controlled airspace without landing or using the runway. I hope T&G is already supported for smaller aircraft just wanting to do pattern work. Its a fun task trying to fit that T&G traffic in the landing flow of big aircraft on long final. Just clearing every aircraft coming in to just land and taxi to parking can be a bit monotonous.

Really looking forward to Tower 3D :)

Mike

If I recall from Vics statements earlier, the ones that were deleted, the voice command is something that will come in the Pro version.  Something I am curious about is whether the Pro version will simply have multi-player and voice command, or whether it will have a whole host of other more realistic functions?  Moreover, will the pro version also include mouse control too, or will it be totally dependent on voice control?  Only time will tell.

Yes time will tell as you say but its good for us all to know as much as possible beforehand about pricing structure etc so we can make well informed purchases. For example I have no problem to purchase this up and coming version but I need to know that there will be a very heavy discount on the voice version later on because I really only have interested in that version to begin with, or I can as well wait for it.

Mike

Yes time will tell as you say but its good for us all to know as much as possible beforehand about pricing structure etc so we can make well informed purchases. For example I have no problem to purchase this up and coming version but I need to know that there will be a very heavy discount on the voice version later on because I really only have interested in that version to begin with, or I can as well wait for it.

Mike

I couldn't agree more with you there.  You may recall that there was a discussion of this just before the old thread was removed.  Vic sounded like he was thinking seriously about it, and was generally amenable to some form of this concept, as long as there was a short time limit on making use of the discount.  Hopefully, he will follow through for us.  Ideally, the discount should be equal to the price of the basic version subtracted from the price of the pro version.  Otherwise, I suspect that many of us diehards will wait for the release of the Pro version before making any decision on which one to buy, which would hurt initial sales.

One other point that is very important to me, is that the platform should be open to user modifications of the traffic system, like what Dick Parker has done for Tower 2011.  His efforts have gone a long ways toward making the longevity and enjoyability of that program what it is.

Andrew

"One other point that is very important to me, is that the platform should be open to user modifications of the traffic system, like what Dick Parker has done for Tower 2011.  His efforts have gone a long ways toward making the longevity and enjoyability of that program what it is."

I couldn't agree more...

Edited by achilles1971