The simFlight Network Forums

Sending keyboard key combination to Explorer on local PC, launch batch files

4 hours ago, alihor said:

Hi Pete, I am sorry, but it doesn't work, unfortunately.

Attached is my Lua file and the LOG file.

My systems run WIN7-64 PRO, could this influence the behaviour?

No, mine are also Win 7-64 PRO, and it works fine 100%

Which doesn't work, maximising the Window or send the key press. The Lua logging doesn't tell me that. 

I attach my working copy of your Lua. Not that the path to FS-flightControl is different, so you'll need to change that back to test.

Please turn off Lua tracing log options. it doesn't show anything useful now.

Pete

ahFC_ControlV4.lua

[LATER]

I only just see you are usig FSUIPC4, not FSUIPC5. I'll need to install FSX-SE again to test that. The same changes were made to FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5, and the FSUIPC5 changes work fine. I wonder if there's a 64-32 bit difference? I hope not.

I'll check again tomorrow.

1 minute ago, alihor said:

You said "send key press" doesn't work? But this is exactly what I need !!??

Sorry, I missed out the question mark. I was asking YOU which didn;t work!
i.e."Which doesn't work, maximising the Window or send the key press?" 

But it doesn't matter now. I ploughed on regardless of an answer.

Pete

14 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I only just see you are usig FSUIPC4, not FSUIPC5. I'll need to install FSX-SE again to test that. The same changes were made to FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5, and the FSUIPC5 changes work fine. I wonder if there's a 64-32 bit difference? I hope not.

I understood that FSUIPC5 is for P3D only. Not FSX. Correct?

HURRAH ! All function are now working, e.g. MAXIMIZE (ext.state(myHandle,EXT_MAX))  AND send keys (elseif ipcPARAM == 4 then KeyOk = ext.sendkeys(myHandle,77,3)).

I used now your new version ***** LUA: "ahFC_ControlV4PD" Log [from FSUIPC version 4.974b] *********

Great job, Pete.

Still unclear :  *** LUA Error: cannot open Z:\FSX\Modules\ipcDebug.lua: No such file or directory

Who calls ipcDebug.lua ? It is NOT in my Modules folder.

Now I can continue with my other project : Replace buttons by SECOND Keyboard keys.

see here

Talk to you again soon, I hope

Alhard

19 minutes ago, alihor said:

Still unclear :  *** LUA Error: cannot open Z:\FSX\Modules\ipcDebug.lua: No such file or directory

Who calls ipcDebug.lua ? It is NOT in my Modules folder.

It is supplied in the FSUIPC Documents folder (in the Lua examples ZIP) but it isn't needed. Which logging option are you selecting? The simple Trace option for Lua doesn't need that file anyway. -- it used to and there is still an option to use it.

40 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

It is supplied in the FSUIPC Documents folder (in the Lua examples ZIP) but it isn't needed. Which logging option are you selecting? The simple Trace option for Lua doesn't need that file anyway. -- it used to and there is still an option to use it.

Pete, I think you misunderstood. I know what and where ipcDebug.lua is. My question is , why comes this error message " cannot open " in the Lua Log ? Ther is no ipcDebug.lua in my FSX modules folder.

Alhard

1 hour ago, alihor said:

Pete, I think you misunderstood. I know what and where ipcDebug.lua is. My question is , why comes this error message " cannot open " in the Lua Log ? Ther is no ipcDebug.lua in my FSX modules folder.

No, I understood you!  The ipcDebug.lua is used when you enable specific options for logging. It isn't used by the main "Trace Lua" logging option. That is why I asked you how you were enabling the trace debug logs you keep sending me.

FSUIPC cannot open it BECAUSE it isn't in your Modules folder! Of course!

Something in your setup, or what you are running, is enabling the Lua  ipcDebugging option. I'd need to see your INI file and for you to list what you are running to know what.

And why is it worrying you so? Haven't you finished debugging your Lua now?

Pete

Pete, this is my logging in FSUIPC. Lua is not activated.

image.png.2c6744ade4007c54de9456ba3de18a8b.png

and this is my FSUIPC INI file.

FSUIPC4_mas.ini

27 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

And why is it worrying you so? Haven't you finished debugging your Lua now?

Yes I have luckily finished. But as I am IT man by earlier profession, I am interested in all  interrelationships in my SIMs and AddOns.

Alhard

Aha! I see:

20=P4,20,CL2:D,0     -{LuaDebug ahCallFC}-
21=P4,4,CL4:D,0     -{LuaDebug ahZoomIn}-
22=P4,18,CL7:D,1     -{LuaDebug ahFC_ControlV4PD}-

You are starting your Lua files with "LuaDebug" instead of plain "Lua ...".  As described in the Lua Plug-Ins document. That then preloads "ipcDebug.lua" which, if loaded, does a number of debugging things, pretty much all of which are now superseded by the "Debug/Trace Lua plug-ins" option in the FSUIPC Options tab (see your pic above).  That option preloads a ready-compiled version of the debugging Lua.

Please use the Logging options facility instead of LuaDebug unless you really want to experiment with the Lua debugging in ipcDebug.lua. FSUIPC is defaulting to its internal one because it can't find ipcdebug.lua.

Pete