The simFlight Network Forums

e190 too fast

Ty Jackson

Hello,

This may have been previously asked, but I have a speed issue with the e190 on approach. The aircraft will start approach at 219kts like normal, then when the descent begins it speeds up to 250kts automatically. Since I cannot adjust speed in Tower 2011, I have to use a runway that is at least 10000ft. I have used the Tower 2011 aircraft editor to reduce the speed and the landing distance, and verified that the changes were saved (running as admin). Even though the changes were retained that E190 still approaches too fast. Has anyone else had this issue, and possibly a fix?

p.s. I've even edited all Embraer jets just to make sure I had the right aircraft.

Yeah, I had that problem too and I just edited the E90 and E95 aircraft to match the E70/E75's and it's fine now.  They were over-running the runway AND running over aircraft on final but now they're fine.  Landing speed: 124, takeoff speed: 132.  Left runway lengths alone, that seems to have fixed it for me.