The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alti

Display AI distance from User

When i switsch to "Custom Filter" i will show all traffic which is in my range and in same controller frequency.

is here a chance to get information, in which distance the AI´s are to my user Aircraft?

i can not set so.

thank you.

I don't have it in the current version.  What I would need is regular updates on the position of the user aircraft then to do the maths to work out the distance.  Maybe something for the future.  Which simulator do you have, FSX or Prepar3D?

Simon

That's the right answer!  Coming soon is some P3D V3 camera system enhancements for people to evaluate, I'll see what can be done with the AI to User Aircraft distance after that

Simon

First development screenshot.  The new column is at the right hand side.

post-12182-0-51910100-1461272385_thumb.p

Note the calculation is based on the difference in latitude/longitude and the difference in altitude between the two.  To try to use 3D bearings between the two objects is a lot of complexity, so I choose the easier approach.  The distance may be slightly high compared to reality.

Simon

absolute top! so it will be easy for me in VFR Flights to look where is crossing traffic.

My katana did not have an warning system. Traffic board is always running on my second monitor.