The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rmcconn

Flightplan save for FSX / P3D (answered)

Sascha / Volker,

Please forgive this request If I have missed something in the FSC User Manual, but I cannot see any reference as to how to save flight plans for both PMDG aircraft in FSX and P3D.

After downloading and installing version 9.6 of FlightSim Commander for both simulators, the PMDG checkbox is shown, and I would have thought this would be for applicable for both FSX-SE and P3D when checked.

Plans are saved for the FSX-SE versions of PMDG aircraft, but not those in P3D and I can see no option to add a path for P3D in the Flightplan Paths column of Save/Load Flightplan box.

My fsc.ini file gives the following flightplan details.  Do I need to manually add a path for P3D, and if so, could you advise where are the plans saved to ?

[FLIGHTPLAN]

SECLEN=50

SECWIDTH=30

FAFDIST=8.5

FPSEL=2129

FPPATH09=

FPPATH10=C:\Users\Ron\Documents\

FPPATH11=

FSCPLANPATH=C:\FSC\flightplan\FSC

SQUAWKBOXPATH=C:\FSC\flightplan\SquawkBox

IVAOPATH=

IVAOPATH2=

FSINNPATH=C:\FSC\flightplan\FSInn

RADCONPATH=C:\FSC\flightplan\RC

PROMAGPATH=C:\FSC\flightplan\PM

XPLANEPATH=C:\FSC\flightplan\XPlane

GEARTHPATH=

TSPATH=C:\

ASAXE1PATH=C:\FSC\flightplan\AXE

FSGRWPATH=

Your help would be appreciated as otherwise all waypoints have to be added through the P3D CDU manually.

Many thanks.

Ron

FSX Version                        FSX-SE

P3D version                        Ver 3.2

FSC in network                  No

Database ver / Build       Ver 9.6  Rev 2  5th Oct 2015          

AIRAC cycle used             Navigraph  1604 Rev 1

FSC version CD/ DL          Ver 9.6  Rev 5  Build 06 Dec 2015  Downloaded.

OS                                          Windows 10

Hi Ron,

the current FS Commander version is only with the FS2004, FSX and P3D compatible but not with FSX-SE.

Very important!

Please read the following document FlightSim Commander Update 9.5 Supplement to the Manual 9.0 Supplément au manuel 9.0 Nachtrag zum Handbuch 9.0.pdf

You can find the document in the sub folder FSC/ DOCS.

Regards,

Volker

btw. Incidentally, Sascha died in January 2012

Volker,

Thanks for your response, but I think I have issues here.

First of all I do not have FSX installed.  Only FSX-SE and Prepar3D. 

I find I have no trouble compiling and saving flightplans for use with FSX-SE.  These can be loaded directly into the PMDG aircraft as company routes.  From your e-mail reply, I gather this should not be possible ??

From the FSC Window |Options > Display page I have the option of choosing data for FSX or Prepar3D and the FSX button is always checked.  If choosing Prepar3D, the program closes and on restarting, the FSX button is again checked. 

Looking at my FSC file structure I have only a simgle fsc.exe file, not fsc.exe 1 or fsc.exe 2 yet I have installed the FSC version for FSX and P3D.  What is wrong ??

I used to have FSX installed prior to FSX-SE  and perhaps this is the root cause.

Ron

Hi Ron,

again:

Very important!

Please read the following document FlightSim Commander Update 9.5 Supplement to the Manual 9.0 Supplément au manuel 9.0 Nachtrag zum Handbuch 9.0.pdf

You can find the document in the sub folder FSC/ DOCS.

You're right, there exists no FSC.EXE 1 and / or FSX.exe 2.

As I wrote before, you must be sure to read the document.

The numbers 1 and / or 2 are parameters.

And also important!

The FSCommander must be run as administrator.

Again, be sure to read the appropriate document Vista and Windows 7_8_10 users please read.pdf

in the sub folder /Docs.

Volker