The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder spikes

noisy

Hi Pete,

I had problems with rudder spikes in FS2002 caused by 767PIC wich I could fix with FSUIPCs spike elimination. Now I´m using PIC with FS2004 and get the same spikes, but here they are still there if I enable the spike elimination. Any idea what´s wrong?

Regards, Matthias

I had problems with rudder spikes in FS2002 caused by 767PIC wich I could fix with FSUIPCs spike elimination. Now I´m using PIC with FS2004 and get the same spikes, but here they are still there if I enable the spike elimination. Any idea what´s wrong?

Have Wilco released a version of 767PIC which works with FS2004? I wouldn't have thought the FS2002 version would work properly in any case.

The action within FSUIPC is identical for this option, whether you are using FS2002 or FS2004, so I don't know what is going on there, unless it is a revised version of 767PIC which is doing something different.

I assume you are using a user-registered copy of FSUIPC and have enabled the facility in the Technical page of FSUIPC options? Can you tell me which version of FSUIPC you are using? If it isn't 3.10, try that first.

Regards,

Pete

Have Wilco released a version of 767PIC which works with FS2004? I wouldn't have thought the FS2002 version would work properly in any case.

I´m using the FS2002 version of PIC in FS2004. The problem there is that the vector gauges are transparent, but there´s a workaround by using undocked windows for these gauges.

The action within FSUIPC is identical for this option, whether you are using FS2002 or FS2004, so I don't know what is going on there, unless it is a revised version of 767PIC which is doing something different.

I assume you are using a user-registered copy of FSUIPC and have enabled the facility in the Technical page of FSUIPC options? Can you tell me which version of FSUIPC you are using? If it isn't 3.10, try that first.

I´m a registered user and all spike elimination options are enabled. Just tried it with version 3.10, but the spikes are still there.

[

I´m using the FS2002 version of PIC in FS2004. The problem there is that the vector gauges are transparent, but there´s a workaround by using undocked windows for these gauges.

Did you re-install it, or just copy everything across? I might try it here. Not that I want to use it, just to see why this is different.

I´m a registered user and all spike elimination options are enabled. Just tried it with version 3.10, but the spikes are still there.

I am wondering now if this is a different cause of "spikes", not the ones fixed by FSUIPC, because, as I said, the actual part of the code which those options enable makes no differentiation at all between FS2002 and FS2004.

I'll take a look some time this week (a bit tied up now). To save me some time, could your get the thing doing it, and save a Flight, please? ZIP it and its WX file (and FMC file if there is one), along with your FSUIPC.INI file and FSUIPC.LOG file -- all in one ZIP -- send it to petedowson@btconnect.com.

I can't promise anything, because this may not be easily fixable, but I'll take a look.

Regards,

Pete