The simFlight Network Forums

FEELTHERE ANNOUNCES THE LATEST GENERATION OF ITS TOWER! SIMULATOR - TOWER!3D

FeelThere_Vic

Don't think its New York.  The terminals are not similar to any at JFK, EWR, or LGA.  

Wait, I take that back. MC16v is right; it is the old Terminal 6 at JFK.  I'll be darned.  I get that airports change frequently, but why make the airport out of date from the moment of publication? 

56 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

Don't think its New York.  The terminals are not similar to any at JFK, EWR, or LGA.  

Wait, I take that back. MC16v is right; it is the old Terminal 6 at JFK.  I'll be darned.  I get that airports change frequently, but why make the airport out of date from the moment of publication? 

That's a very good question...and i'm afraid what LAX will look like....

It's not as though it just happened last week. If I understand correctly, that terminal was closed and demolished back in 2011, probably already gone or nearly so at the time that the Tower!2011 version of KJFK was published.    Weird.  On the other hand, I guess it gives us a few extra parking slots to play with...

I think you can put it back in your wallet cause i just received an email announcing a big memorial day sale lasting till June first...

Don't think they will release during the sale so June second might be the first available date ;-)

Or maybe they will surprise us all!!! (not so subtle hint)

13 minutes ago, Russellfire said:

Well, it says released on May 31st on their site, excellent 

Yep that's what is there now, half an hour ago they showed $29.95 and the buy button..... Someone in sales was a little to eager ;-))

3 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Folks,

We have a source for the satellite images and as fresh it is the fresh we can make the airports. 

Vic

ps.: why does Thursday called as "announcement Thursday" I wonder.. :) :)

Not to belabor the point, but this still does not explain why your picture shows a terminal at KJFK that has not existed since October of 2011. Here is a pic of its imprint after demolition: jfk_sundrome_satellite_nov2014_002.jpg?r       See also  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundrome.

3 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Folks,

We have a source for the satellite images and as fresh it is the fresh we can make the airports. 

Vic

ps.: why does Thursday called as "announcement Thursday" I wonder.. :) :)

Yes...but...there's a thing called "Photoshop"....

To Everyone stating that JFK will be out of date:

Please relax, if it is that big of a deal that Terminal 6 appears even though it no longer exists, then don't buy the add on. I understand that you want realism, but at the end of the day its about the overall build of the simulation. From what I see, Tower 3D looks great (I'm sure Feelthere did a fine job) and one [no longer existing] terminal should not impact your enjoyment of the Sim. If anything you should be happy if the old terminal is still there, that means increased capacity for arrivals and departures.

Now, let's all be patient and see how things unfold. 

• Upvote 1

Looking foward to this release and optimistic that future addon's will include UK's Heathrow or Gatwick or both (hint hint). Got to say the price is relly good compared to when Tower2011 was released.

Bring it on.......................

Maddon10