The simFlight Network Forums

FEELTHERE ANNOUNCES THE LATEST GENERATION OF ITS TOWER! SIMULATOR - TOWER!3D

FeelThere_Vic

I dont care either if the old terminal is there, plenty of addons later. The important thing for me is the core sim. Actually I would not buy JFK anyway, to big and unrealistic for my taste as a one controller position for ground and tower. Hopefully they will release smaller airport as time progress.

mike

Good point Mike.

In Tower!2011 handling tower and ground for all airports (especially those with multiple runways) is very unrealistic and borderline impossible with a full realistic schedule. For DFW, I ended up creating specific east/west schedules to make it somewhat realistic (although still handling ground) and manageable.  

There was a post asking what add-on airports we wanted to see. As you mentioned, for me it depends on the core sim. If the guts of 3D is basically a rewrite of Tower!2011 (with a much more appealing visual interface), then the add-ons I want/purchase might be different than say a new engine where you interface with other controllers (AI or live if easy to match up with someone).

However, the thought of new add-ons that could be out of date is a little disappointing (LAX without TBIT, ORD missing runways, etc.). Since LAX is included, it will be interesting to see what it looks like.

Craig 

I would like to see KSNA, John Wayne airport in Orange county. To me that is the ultimate airport with the right balance of commercial and GA, but that might just be me :) plenty of options though and as someone else wrote earlier, a foreign airport would be nice also.

Hi Vic

Can you give an idea of what sort of emergencies are incorporated into the game, I play tracon a lot and the years that i have had it i have seen less than a dozen emergencies, I'd like more, some big airports like say LAX deal with some sort of emergency be it medical or fuel etc. at least once maybe more everyday.

Will wesee aborted landings and take offs also?

It would be good it there was say a slider for frequency of emergencies, say 1,2 or 3 emergencies in say a 2 hour period, probably too late to add something like this but I guess your still working on the Pro version so who knows! :)

Thanks

Gareth

23 hours ago, robnpat said:

Me, too.  I was figuring in the mid-$40 (or even a tad higher).  Tuesday can't get here soon enough

Smart price target! There is a correlation that shows pricing it low enough will result in greater sales. If it's priced too high they will get less sales and even with the hike in price will not profit as well. Plus the greater the population using the product, the greater the publicity the product will get! Good job guys!

5 hours ago, FeelThere said:

We are not (and not planning in the future either) simulating emergencies in Tower! franchise for moral and legal reasons.

1. I do not believe he was talking about crashes or explosions.  Just an occasional aircraft with low fuel or a medical emergency that requires priority over the other aircraft in the area.  Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't see what kind of moral or legal issues that could raise; certainly no more so that two aircraft that receive a collision alert.  I do not mean to be flippant here, but it would create an interesting challenge, and would be worth considering at some point.

2. With dynamic weather, will the wind ever change, requiring a pattern shift?

Absolutely, I was just talking about similar emergency as tracon gives, but just a little more frequent, like I say I play tracon for hours at a time and as long as I had it less than a dozen emergency have shown. So I was looking for things like a blown tyre or engine failure causing a runway blockage, wind shear on approach causing go arounds... that sort of thing. I was not looking for serious accidents that can be likened to real events, I agree that would be immoral.

Gareth

On 5/27/2016 at 5:15 AM, Russellfire said:

Nice screenshots, going to be well worth the wait, who's got a sickness bug coming on ??

I usually LOVE 3-day weekends, but this one is gonna be a LONG one.  I think Vic had it planned to torture us with a release AFTER a 3-day weekend.  I may be in a food coma on Tuesday and have to take that day off.  My wife will think I'm nuts for being up early early Tuesday to start my download  

50 minutes ago, robnpat said:

I usually LOVE 3-day weekends, but this one is gonna be a LONG one.  I think Vic had it planned to torture us with a release AFTER a 3-day weekend.  I may be in a food coma on Tuesday and have to take that day off.  My wife will think I'm nuts for being up early early Tuesday to start my download  

Hint:   Since it goes on sale just after midnight Tuesday in Eastern Europe (UTC+2), it should be available on Monday by early evening or earlier across the US

Hey Avwriter, how did you get that info about Eastern Europe and 'their' release date?  I think Vic and staff are here in the US and set that date for the US.  Just a guess, though, but I won't be sad at all if what you said is correct.  I will definitely keep an eye out.

2 hours ago, robnpat said:

Hey Avwriter, how did you get that info about Eastern Europe and 'their' release date?  I think Vic and staff are here in the US and set that date for the US.  Just a guess, though, but I won't be sad at all if what you said is correct.  I will definitely keep an eye out.

Look at the announcement on the Facebook page it say 12:01 at UTC+2

Just came to think of it, there is not a single gameplay video. Although I have no doubt it will be great and I wont regret the purchase still, It would be nice to know what I am spendig my hard earned cash on :) Pictures I have seen multiple and a flashy marketing video but thats it, what about gameplay?

mike

2 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

Just came to think of it, there is not a single gameplay video. Although I have no doubt it will be great and I wont regret the purchase still, It would be nice to know what I am spendig my hard earned cash on :) Pictures I have seen multiple and a flashy marketing video but thats it, what about gameplay?

mike

I agree.  It wouldn't take someone long to just make a quick 5 minute video.  Heck, they are 'playing' it as we speak, so why not capture some actual gameplay and post it?