The simFlight Network Forums

FEELTHERE ANNOUNCES THE LATEST GENERATION OF ITS TOWER! SIMULATOR - TOWER!3D

FeelThere_Vic

2 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Very true.  We have also seen no imagery, even in screenshots, of the mouse click interface.  Seems strange, and could cause some to wonder if they are hiding something.

Actually, you can see the working of the mouse interface in the release trailer. The way I interpret it:

You have a "command builder" in the top left corner, much like the input box we have in !2011. When you select an a/c (in ADRIS) the callsigns appears in the command builder. Below that, a number of buttons appear with the possible commands you can perform ("Taxi to", "Line up and wait", "hold position", "hold short of"). When you select one of the command, a new row of commands appears below that with, again, only the possible options based on your previous selection (e.g "runway", "taxiway"). And so you build up the command, each time selecting the next part from the new row of options that appear. 

Main the trailer, there are two distinct flashes where you can see this being done. at around 15s before the end you see it clearly, I've tried to capture it in below screenshot, but my mobile can't zoom videos. 

image.png

3 minutes ago, bazvink said:

Actually, you can see the working of the mouse interface in the release trailer. The way I interpret it:

You have a "command builder" in the top left corner, much like the input box we have in !2011. When you select an a/c (in ADRIS) the callsigns appears in the command builder. Below that, a number of buttons appear with the possible commands you can perform ("Taxi to", "Line up and wait", "hold position", "hold short of"). When you select one of the command, a new row of commands appears below that with, again, only the possible options based on your previous selection (e.g "runway", "taxiway"). And so you build up the command, each time selecting the next part from the new row of options that appear. 

Main the trailer, there are two distinct flashes where you can see this being done. If you pause and search, you'll find it easily. 

Wow!!!  You are absolutely right.  Somehow I missed it entirely.  It is integrated so subtly that you hardly even notice it is there.  How elegant.  At the same time, I do hope that this mechanism, along with the radar displays and strips can be easily moved to a second monitor.  I would expect that i can though, as this ability is already there in T!2011.  Thank you for pointing this out.

2 hours ago, robnpat said:

I agree.  It wouldn't take someone long to just make a quick 5 minute video.  Heck, they are 'playing' it as we speak, so why not capture some actual gameplay and post it?

Just wait till its out and someone uploads a "let's play". 

1 minute ago, FeelThere said:

II had a great run of testing T!3D and KJFK :) It was intense! I also saw some shots from the Nyerges Design Real Traffic for T!3D today. What a busy day! Maybe we should leave for today... :) 

Leave for today?  Just send me the download link first  :)

2.5 hours and counting

40 minutes ago, robnpat said:

While we wait, does T!3D come with the then-current airport diagrams, or should we download them?

It doesn't come with a diagram, but you don't need it. You will use your mouse to assign taxiways for "via" commands. No need to know their name.

2 minutes ago, robnpat said:

Downloading now!  Yippee!

I hope you will enjoy it as much enjoyed working on it and hopefully making a new standard for Tower sims as we did with our T!2011 product :)

We are off to rest, but as usual we will be here to support in case you guys find something. Useless fact: this product had the longest beta process in the history of Feelthere :)

3 minutes ago, robnpat said:

OK, Vic.  Stupid question:  how do you 'start' the game after you pick the airports/runways/etc? Maybe I'm not seeing something

I gotta get the grill fired up, but will 'look' again in a few

Did you find the START button on the bottom of the main screen? Show me a screenshot of your grill :) We had some BBQ chicken to celebrate the release :)