The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D: some small suggestions

Avwriter

7 hours ago, DragonWin said:

One more item to the wish list ;-)

The ability to save window layout. It is a bit annoying to have to re-adjust the windows each time I start the game.

IN Tower 2011, this was tied to user profiles which is also missing from Tower 3D.  I am adding both to the list.

One more ....

If at some point there will be chaos in airport or you need some minutes relax, you could ask a virtual colleague take control (not pause) and you going to a coffee break. And you can watch how to colleague  resolve situation.Of course, at this time (break time) you don`t get points. I think it would be nice

1 minute ago, eke_flx said:

One more ....

If at some point there will be chaos in airport or you need some minutes relax, you could ask a virtual colleague take control (not pause) and you going to a coffee break. And you can watch how to colleague  resolve situation.Of course, at this time (break time) you don`t get points. I think it would be nice

That would be really cool if the AI could take over the game (I know of a Tracon type game like that), but I suspect that would a lot of fundamental changes to the game.  Let's stick to small changes in this thread.  Perhaps in the Pro version...

Vic,

The above suggestions were not aimed at T!3DPro.  They are pointing out areas in T!3D that are not done as well as they could be.  Many items would involve minor tweaks, that would make your product smoother, more intuitive, and more enjoyable.  While I never really envisioned that all of them would be followed up on, I did indeed hope that some of of them might be worth your addressing in the SPs.  Once I saw that several of us had similar ideas, I felt it would be helpful to gather them all in once place.  Please do keep them in mind.  Tower3D has good bones Vic, but is still a bit rough around the edges.  As I said once before, the users in this forum are among your oldest customers, and it would be a shame to waste our insight.  Keep an open mind.  We are trying to help you.

• 3 months later...

I would be nice if those windows (DBRITE, STRIP, ADRS, could temporally erased such as in Tower2011, or moved aside (only showing a partial display of those windows ) such as in TOWER. This would allow us to have a better and nicer view of the overal airport.

Thanks

JP Ravyst

Edited by JPR
Screen display TOWER 3D

Some great points raised in this thread and thank you Avwriter for kicking it off. Some ideas of mine would be :-

1/ Option to Pan or Snap the view.

2/ If we can't zoom any further how about some static camara views strategically placed at the end of some longer runways.

3/ More information on the Strip tiles, ie Taxing to Runway XX, waiting to cross runway or just the last instruction it was given etc. I get sooooooo confused when things get busy as to who i gave what command to.

4/ To be able to sort the tiles by drag and drop.

5/ To improve engine sounds of the planes and cut out car traffic noise all together.

6/ I know it's been mentioned before but to be able to save screen settings would be fantastic.

Great sim and I'm enjoying it so keep up the great work done so far.

Stumpy

Dear Folks,

There are no plans for new features (other than fixes) for T!3D. Almost all requests that we received back then from you (remember the wish list? :) ) will make Pro but at this time (unless it's small like changing the size of the light's glow and the size of the airplane icons) we are not taking requests. When the time will be right we plan to run another poll for future releases.

1 hour ago, FeelThere said:

(unless it's small like changing the size of the light's glow and the size of the airplane icons)

A number of valid points here ARE for such small issues.  For example, taxi speeds, especially for aircraft lining up on the runway, are still too slow.  Yes, I know that you addressed this in SP1, and it is a little better, but still quite unrealistic.  I have spent a lot of time watching planes at big airports and I can tell you that when aircraft are cleared to line up, they generally do so quite promptly.  Yes, there is sometimes a bit of delay, but not typically as much as depicted in this sim.  At a busy airport like KJFK there is simply not enough time for that, and pilots are occasionally yelled at over the radio if they take too long moving into position.  Of course this brings up another valid issue, We need to add the command, "Yell at pilot" to the command bar, and include a slider in Settings for "level of sarcasm in radio communications".  Just kidding :-)  As I once heard on the KJFK ground control freq, "This ain't the hokey poky folks.  Move it along!"

I can tell you that when aircraft are cleared to line up, they generally do so quite promptly.

We analyzed dozens of videos to time line up times, etc to make it realistic. There are always exceptions but we have to balance so many things to make it an all around OK simulation. If it would be a KJFK!3D then we could simulate KJFK perfectly, but we have to make it ready for so many add-ons. Just remember how many FS versions we saw before we even had AI. The AI still cuts you off on final but we were so happy to see other planes in our sim. Yes, there are things that could be improved and we will try to do so, but likely some will be left for the next version of Tower!XXX. 

Gentlemen, with this reply I rather lock or delete this topic. It leads us to somewhere were we don't wish to go.
Further comments will result deleting this topic.