The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 2011: Several problems

narfomat

Hey,

I bought Tower 2011 about an hor ago and have several problems:

I am using the Win 10 german version and the voice recognition did not work. Even with adding English Speech Packet it did not work. I had to change the system language to make it work. After starting the sim again, my voice is again not recognized, i really dont why. Everything is set to english and nothing happens.

I also bought Real Color EDDF and Real Traffic. But i really don't know how to install it:

When I installed real traffic, i selected the Main Folder of Tower 2011 as installation path. It seems that files are added to the "Airplanes" folder. And what happens then? When I start the sim, it always starts with "DEN812"-flight. Nothing seems to have changed.

Its the same with Real Color EDDF but nothing changes. I visited the homepage and it said "Requires Tower!2011 and Real Color for Tower!2011"

When I click on the second link, nothing happens. What is real color for Tower 2011 and where can i get it? It is very very confusing right now :(

7 minutes ago, narfomat said:

I am using the Win 10 german version and the voice recognition did not work. Even with adding English Speech Packet it did not work. I had to change the system language to make it work. After starting the sim again, my voice is again not recognized, i really dont why. Everything is set to english and nothing happens.

did you set to 'US english' (it may be 'english US')?

after setting system OS to US english did you train voice recognition?

I changed it to "English US" and it worked fine before but only after I switched the complete OS system language to that language.

47 minutes ago, mc16v said:

And have you purchased installed real traffic, from what you said it sounds like it's not installed.

Gareth

Yes. I got real traffic but it seems that it installs only a couple of files in the Airplanes folder. And where Can i get "Real Color for Tower 2011" which is required to use Real Color EDDF?

Edited by narfomat

I'm not sure but I was never able to get my copy of Real Traffic purchased here to install.  It would go through the motions and then nothing ever changed.  I finally found another recent thread here about the same problem.  The only solution I found was to buy it from another site.  That version installed fine.

1 hour ago, Harvester said:

I'm not sure but I was never able to get my copy of Real Traffic purchased here to install.  It would go through the motions and then nothing ever changed.  I finally found another recent thread here about the same problem.  The only solution I found was to buy it from another site.  That version installed fine.

I actually had an interaction with Nyerges design about this.  My sense was that the version on FeelThere/BMT Micro's server have some kind of problem.  They told me they were looking into it, and this was several day's ago.  Do not know if anything was ever done about it.  I suspect that most of there energies are fucused on getting the new Real Traffic ready for Tower3D.

Hmm... that does not Sound very good... I bought both applications from the same site and payed for them so I expect them to run properly. Tower 2011 seems to be a real nice sim but to be honest: It's not really easy to install the addons. There is no readme which tells me how to install. Sure, I can use the installer of Real Color EDDF / Real Traffic but the installers just ask me for the desired Installation path and copy some files to that Location - that's it! No Change to the game!

An installer usually fetches the game Installation path from the OS registry and automatically installs all required files to the correct location. Sometimes there is a ZIP file with a readme which tells me where to copy the files by myself. But neither works! I will try to make the two addons run after work today but if can't get it to run, i will get in contact with Support to get a refund for Real Color EDDF / Real Traffic.

I don't want to Sound rude as a newbie here but when I buy something from a site, I expect the stuff to work without hours of Research in the Internet. And except the Voice Recognition Problem, i am pretty sure that the Installation Problems are not on my side.

narfomat you did also buy Frankfurt EDDF airport?

Sorry if you have.  It just wasn't clear to me if you had or not.

As far as Real Traffic:  Yes there is something wrong with the install file you get here.  I had the exact same problem. Since I saw that they were also trying to get Real Traffic released for Tower 3D I just decided to buy it from another site.  That version did install fine.

Yes i bought Tower!2011, Real Color EDDF and Real Traffic.

Only the main application works. Real traffic does not work and neither does Real Color EDDF. To install Real Color EDDF, it tells me to download "Real Color for Tower!2011" and I dont know what THAT is. I will write to support and if there is no reply i will open an incident at PayPal.

sry I was not more clear....

The game Tower!2011 does not come with the Frankfurt Airport EDDF.  It is a paid add-on.  

If you only bought the Real Color EDDF add-on it will not work because the Frankfurt Airport isn't in the game unless it is bought separately.

http://www.feelthere.com/en/product/926_eddf-for-tower-2011.html

Again, I apologize if you have bought the airport ... I'm just trying to make sure that you have indeed bought it.

Hi Narformat

I know it's frustrating not getting answers right away, and perhaps not in depth answers. Feelthere has just released Tower!3D, and Vic and the developers are really busy taking feedback on bugs etc for that game. I know this is not an excuse, but it is an explanation.

My suggestion is (I know you have done this, but please read until the end):

1) Uninstall Tower2011 and all addons
2) Check the programs folder that there are no folders or files left from Tower2011
3) Install only Tower2011, test if the game works. If it does not work, clearly state here, that it is Tower2011 with no addons, that won't start.
4) If the game starts and every thing works fine, then install one Airport addon (not real traffic or real color)
5) Test again, and continue with this approach installing one thing at a time until it stops working.

If the issue is after installing real color or real traffic then it is Nyerges Design that needs to do the support ... I don't know any support email but here is a facebook link, I'm sure you can get further information there https://www.facebook.com/nyergesdesign-189909894401409/

If the issue happens right after a fresh install, with no addons, please state it clearly here, and I'm sure Vic or some one else here will help you.

• Upvote 1

I found out that after reinstallation of Tower!2011 ONLY, i have to start the sim with administrator rights to make it run. On my first installation, i was able to run the game without admin rights. But that is okay for me now.

I did not know that EDDF airport has to be bought seperately to use the Real Color EDDF. I thought the Real Color EDDF also contains the Frankfurt airport. I don't know if I want to spend another 18$ for EDDF airport because I fear that nothing is working again.

@DragonWin: Thanks for this precious information!

Sorry guys, i don't want to make the impression to grouch around. I am/was just frustrated because everything was so confusing and I have never had so many problems installing a game :) But thanks for the feedback of all of you!

1 minute ago, narfomat said:

I found out that after reinstallation of Tower!2011 ONLY, i have to start the sim with administrator rights to make it run. On my first installation, i was able to run the game without admin rights. But that is okay for me now.

I did not know that EDDF airport has to be bought seperately to use the Real Color EDDF. I thought the Real Color EDDF also contains the Frankfurt airport. I don't know if I want to spend another 18$ for EDDF airport because I fear that nothing is working again.

@DragonWin: Thanks for this precious information!

Sorry guys, i don't want to make the impression to grouch around. I am/was just frustrated because everything was so confusing and I have never had so many problems installing a game :) But thanks for the feedback of all of you!

I have always had to run as admin to get mine to work, even though my pc rights are set to admin...

Each additional airport must be purchased as an add-on and then if you want the colour aircraft, that is an extra feature.

But like everything, its great when it works, but when something is wrong....

I am glad you have it working. there are a lot of helpful people on the forum so do ask for help if your stuck.

Gareth

Hi Narformat

I can't speak for the airport EDDF, but I have other airports installed, and no issues using real traffic with them, and for me it does make a difference having Amarican2845 report in instead of Magic2845 does increase the immersion for me, and it works on all the airports (those with the game, and the extra I purchased).

I have not purchased real colors as I usually don't zoom in that much when playing Tower!2011, for it to make a difference.

I'm glad you got it working :-)

Sometimes my speech recognition just bails out without a reason but usually works after a restart. I will practise a bit and perhaps buy EDDF later. So Real Traffic will only work when I have installed EDDF airport?

1 minute ago, narfomat said:

So Real Traffic will only work when I have installed EDDF airport?

Real Trafic will work for all airports, but you wont be able to play EDDF until you have purchased and installed it.

you can then add Real Colour for EDDF if you want to

(there is a seperate Real Colour download for each airport)