The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 2011: Several problems

narfomat

So here is the deal ...

Tower!2011 comes with "imaginary airlines", and several airports.
Real Traffic converts the imaginary airline call signs to real airline call signs, this will work on all installed Airports including those which comes with Tower!2011
Real Color is specific to an airport and will only work with that single airport (You should only install real-color for airports you have installed).

So to sum it up, you should not have any issues after installing real traffic with Tower!2011 without any other addons.

Edited by DragonWin
Removed text that could make it seem like I was answering mc16v and not Narformat

Sorry to be back with another problem: I bought EDDF airport to test the real color EDDF and real traffic. EDDF is shown in the dropdown menu and I can load the situation. But it takes ages to load... I have been waiting now for more than 5 minutes.... The loading bar moves but very very slow... :( I installed everything but it takes forever to load. Now after 10 minutes i closed down the program :(

1 hour ago, Dane said:

I'm having issue with real traffic just purchased from feelthere site installed game, test ok, install real traffic but still using made up names?

We are aware of this problem, but it's made by Nyerges Design so you need to contact them, please.

47 minutes ago, narfomat said:

Sorry to be back with another problem: I bought EDDF airport to test the real color EDDF and real traffic. EDDF is shown in the dropdown menu and I can load the situation. But it takes ages to load... I have been waiting now for more than 5 minutes.... The loading bar moves but very very slow... :( I installed everything but it takes forever to load. Now after 10 minutes i closed down the program :(

I'm not sure this is related, but I experienced some thing similar in Tower2011, where it would take ages for it to load an airfield, and every time I tried to move an aircraft's label or move a window there was a huge lag, even when the game needed to calculate a taxi path, it took a long time before it completed the calculations and started to move the plane.

I opened the Tower!2011\Airfields\ folder and renamed the [Airportname]_shadow.raw to some thing else, and then tried to load the game again, and the airport loaded very fast, and there were no more lag. 

That is of cause a work around (if it works for you as well), but I have never looked further into that ... perhaps some one else has?