The simFlight Network Forums
chrishayes001

Traffic in FSX and Windows 10

Hello Anyone  

Has anybody managed to get any AI Traffic product working in FSX with Windows 10?

In a reply to another thread I saw that Burkhard had got My Traffic 6 working with FSX and Windows 10 by installing the My Traffic 6 outside the FSX set up. 

My FSX is set up on D:\ Program Files (x86). If I put My Traffic 6 on, for example, D:\MyTraffic will it work? And how do I access it?

It is very odd flying around without seeing anyone else! 

Cheers

Chris

MyTraffic 6 typically installs into C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic , or another drive if you choose so. All you have to do is the add this path to FSX,cfg using the Communicator, and add the scenery from within FSX, both simple tasks described in detail in the installation instructions.

Thank you very much, Burkhard. I'll have a go tomorrow. I can't understand why everyone isn't talking about this - all I see on the web are people who say you can't get traffic with Steam and Windows 10.!

Thanks again for you both replies

THANKS Burkhard. With your guidance I managed to set up MyTraffic. Very pleased. But I can only see planes with fictitious liveries. I can't believe this is correct as your MyTraffic Professional Manual Version 6.0a has several illustrations of planes from real airlines. Please can you tell me how I can get that? Good wishes and thanks again. Chris

Then you still see the stock traffic and not the MyTraffic one. I reommend you go through 

which lets you identify what isn't correctly set up now.

Hello Burkhard

Thank you for the Check List

I am entirely baffled. Have struggled with this for two days. Everything you describe in your Traffic 6 Installation Guide appears to be correct. I believe I have followed the instructions but I simply cannot get your traffic.

You ask for 5 lines. I only have two. (My FSX was bought from Steam but it registers as just FSX.)

Local Disk (D) MyTrafficProfessional\My Traffic

Local Disk (D) Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX

Chris

APOLOGIES IF YOU GET THIS TWICE

Hello Burkhard

Thank you for the Check List

I am entirely baffled. Have struggled with this for two days. Everything you describe in your Traffic 6 Installation Guide appears to be correct. I believe I have followed the instructions but I simply cannot get your traffic.

You ask for 5 lines. I only have two. (My FSX was bought from Steam but it registers as just FSX.)

Local Disk (D) MyTrafficProfessional\My Traffic
Local Disk (D) Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX

Thanks

Chris

Hello Burkhard

I can't understand why this is so difficult. I have never come across such a complicated paid for program . I have wrestled with what you have sent for several days. Hopefully I am near the end now. 

Just as I thought I got through all the stages I get the following message: SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory(..\..\..\..\..\\..\My TrafficProfessional\MyTraffic\SCENERY) in scenery Area 128 Not Found.

Please can you explain what I need do to  use your the programme. 

Many thanks

Chris Hayes

This bug of FSX SE is explained in the installation instructions, and what to do in this case. I copy and paste from there:

What remains is that FSX has problemes to open scenery pathes that contain too many ..\, so when you add C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic as scenery using the scenery library tool inside of FSX SE, some users report that they get scenery not found messages. In this case, edit the file C:\users\all users\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg (resp. C:\users\all users\FSX\scenery.cfg if the only install) and for the MyTraffic entry replace the line

local= ..\..\..\..\..\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

by the line

local= C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

if you installed MyTraffic there, otherwise the exact path of the MyTraffic main folder.