The simFlight Network Forums

Schedule Creator: A few errors

Henrik Norgaard

As i figured out how to use real traffic I found an error there, I know its not documented yet, but

klax seems to be +8 and not -8 so schedule dep 7.03 departs 15.03, and that seems to create another error, the 70% error is there for any game time between midnight and 8 with real traffic.

Also choosing start time 14.00 starts at 15.00 in the game, but traffic that departs 15.03 shows up there. I have attached the traffic files used

Extensions.rar

--

edit: added the name of the product to the subject line.

As I am not the creator of the game, I can only give my best guess here, the problem is that both Tower 3D and SC works in local time for scheduling, but someone made a mistake in Tower 3D adding 8 hours to SC schedule and that results in a period of more than 24 hours starting from midnight to midnight. I guess that the added +8 hours is pointing to zulu time and is a mistake, because stated before from Feelthere, Tower 3D works in local time, and if SC worked in zulu time it should be -8 hours.

Just my five cents, lets see what Feelthere says

I was partly wrong but if you remove all extra inf in the klax_schedule.txt and you only have the schedule data there, it doesn't stop at 70%, 

however the 8 hours problem  still exist. I have added a corrected schedule, happy gaming

// SCHEDULE CREATOR 19 Real Flight Numbers by Dick Parker (May 2016)
// Schedule File: c:\schedule.txt
// Created on Fri Jun 10 13:08:51 2016
// Flights: 794 at LAX (UTC zone: -8)
// Local start time: 0:00  Local end time: 24:00
// UTC time range for Tower! 2011 between 8:00 and 8:00
// More schedule information is listed at the bottom of this file

klax_schedule.txt

19 hours ago, Henrik Norgaard said:

I was partly wrong but if you remove all extra inf in the klax_schedule.txt and you only have the schedule data there, it doesn't stop at 70%, 

however the 8 hours problem  still exist. I have added a corrected schedule, happy gaming

This is not a complaint, just noting my experience to compare with others, but I am still getting the 70% between midnight and 8 error after deleting the above mentioned info.  Anyone else have success.  I miss sunrise sessions :-)

15 minutes ago, renhoef said:

I am still having the same problem too with the 70% between midnight etc. I wanted to add the game log but it won't let me because it is 99KB and i am only allowed 20KB

Good to have confirmation its not just me.  Anyway, sounds like Vic and team are looking into it.  I wonder if Philly has the same issue.  Would love to try it, but I do not have the KPHL Tower2011 add-on to copy the terminal file from, and I am no willing to buy it just for a .txt file.  I don't suppose that Vic would be willing to share just the terminal from Tower3D so that we could more easily use SC with it?

3 hours ago, renhoef said:

Well, there you say something.... I just tried KPHL. No problems there at 4 and 6 am with SC (real traffic)

Yea, I just tried to cobble up my own KPHL file; partly working.  Could you tell me the nomenclature of Terminals A West and A East in the terminal file?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2016 at 3:53 PM, FeelThere said:

Interesting. It's not the game itself in fault (yes it happens at 70% but it's not a dll crash we had before).

Please check the schedule, start removing parts from it because it is very likely something within the new schedule is causing it.

Seems the problem was in terminal.txt where I had Terminal_GA and removing that fixed KLAX