The simFlight Network Forums

EGLL Addon Mapconfig error

kgmann

I have just bought the EGLL addon for Tower 2011 and am getting the following error:-

Please update the mapconfig files in the menudata folder!

Set the GMT and the MapCode fields!

Mapname London_Heathrow_Airport

I have looked into the folder and there is no map named London_Heathrow_Airport only EGLL!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks Gareth,

Yes I have tried that twice. The install directory is correct as well.

The game runs fine though even though I get the error, but its just annoying. The thing I have noticed to is that the Dbrite map does not have the airport showing, only the ILS lines are visible.

Hi kgmann,

I haven't purchased EGLL as yet, .. been a bit disappointed in the quality of new airports recently. e.g. ADIRS misalignments, issues in the errorlogs etc..

It sounds like an incorrect filename somewhere, .. which I have had happen before.

Look in the \Tower! 2011\menudata folder, .. there should be a file in there, .. called something like .. menu_map_EGLL.map (or similar referencing EGLL)

It can be edited with a text editor etc.. Check this file and make sure what the filenames should be .. e.g. see below for KDFW

The 3 lines with a texture name are important, to call the correct tga files etc..

Make sure that the filenames reference actual files that exist in the same folder. You can either rename them in the menu_map_EGLL.map file, .. or rename the files themselves.

Name=Dallas
MapName=Dallas_Airport
MapCode=KDFW
GMT=-6
NameTexture=MenuData/menu_text_airport_KDFW.tga
MapTexture=MenuData/menu_map_kdfw.tga
InfoTexture=MenuData/menu_new_game_info_KDFW.tga

If you can't figure it out, .. post the first 5 lines or so of the menu_map_EGLL.map file, .. and maybe I can see what the problem is.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Again,

Ok, .. so I just purchased EGLL, .. and it's all working fine, .. however, .. I noticed that IT DOES NOT INSTALL to the correct directory.

The installer inserts a space between Feel and There. i.e. Feel there, .. which IS NOT the default directory, .. it should be without the space. i.e. FeelThere

Caught me out, .. as I couldn't figure where the hell it installed to, .. as it wasn't in my default \FeelThere\Tower! 2001\ directory.

Anyway, .. once I removed the space from the install, .. it all went where it was supposed to.

I started Tower, .. loaded 'Heathrow' .. and it all loaded up fine.

Cheers

Tom

8 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

Please let the developer know about it.

Thank you

Vic

So, are you saying that add-on products purchased on the FeelThere site are not supported on the official FeelThere support forum? On the FeelThere site it shows that EGLL was developed by Simulated Designs. Is there contact information included in the airport install files somewhere? A google search produces no results.  

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

So, are you saying that add-on products purchased on the FeelThere site are not supported on the official FeelThere support forum? On the FeelThere site it shows that EGLL was developed by Simulated Designs. Is there contact information included in the airport install files somewhere? A google search produces no results.  

We will post a contact information here asap.