The simFlight Network Forums

SP1 FOR TOWER!3D IS RELEASED

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

Thank you very much for your patience. The SP for Tower!3D has been released and available for all feelthere.com and atcsuite.com customers. You can simply re-download your product from the link you received during purchase. Customers from now will receive this new version automatically. 
For Steam customers, we sent this SP to Dovetail so we hope that they will update the files as soon as possible.
For the list of changes please refer to the sticky post on this forum.
NOTE: to select random speech voices you need to have a English (US) sound package installed otherwise only either a male or female voice will play (similar as it was before the SP).

Thank you

Vic & Team

As far as I know you can get it for Windows 10 from within the speech settings. I have English (US) by default but some of our members had UK and we were able to download it without problem.
Please try the voices under Settings so you can hear the difference. If you set everything random then almost all airplane will talk at a different tone :)

Thanks guys.  Everything seems to be working great so far.

A question about the voices:

I own a few of the Ivona voices which I never installed after upgrading to win10.

If I was to install these would tower 3d include them in the random pick  or will it only pick from the default win10 ones?

• Upvote 1

Thank you Harvester for the kind feedback. We didn't test each 3rd party sound add-ons however very likely it will not work. However even a single sound (single gender) can be randomized by speed and pitch so you will hear different pilots from most of the planes.
Your feedback would be appreciated about the add on sound.

4 hours ago, robnpat said:

Great.  Can't wait to get home and download SP and try.  I attached a screenshot of my Speech settings (my work Win10, which would have the same settings as my home PC).  Does this look correct for the random voices?

Win10Speech.JPG

Rob, You have a very similar setting as our computer so you should be fine.Please check if you have at least 2 voices with US accent.

This all well and nice.  However, the poor saps that bought through Steam/Dovetail are still waiting for the hotfix.

Sad but true I was correct in predicting that the service pack would be released before Steam/Dovetail releases the hotfix.

I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and fork over another $30 US in order to buy a game that works.

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Thank you Harvester for the kind feedback. We didn't test each 3rd party sound add-ons however very likely it will not work. However even a single sound (single gender) can be randomized by speed and pitch so you will hear different pilots from most of the planes.
Your feedback would be appreciated about the add on sound.

I installed Ivona Amy but Tower 3d did not use it.

I think the problem is that even though Ivona Amy is a sapi5 voice only Microsoft Voices are listed in the Text to Speech box.

BTW, I also got the pilot requests talking over each other like mike did.  

I'm not sure but I think we are out of luck using 3rd party voices since this is the answer I got when I emailed Ivona about this:

Dear Customer,

In the place you report only Microsoft voices can be set. This is a feature of Windows 10. For Narrator and accessibility, and all other SAPI5 applications all voices (included IVONA voices) can be set, but for the text to speech in Speech Properties dialog only Microsoft voices can be listed.

Kind regards

My Microsoft sapi speech has worked perfectly fine with Tower and T3d including the hotfix, but the SP1 update just produces voices reading lines of computer code jibberish. Male, female, random, and different time scenarios. Never seen anything like this before. Occasionally a normal sentence will be heard but its rare. Anyone else got this?

Mike

8 hours ago, hartleecub said:

My Microsoft sapi speech has worked perfectly fine with Tower and T3d including the hotfix, but the SP1 update just produces voices reading lines of computer code jibberish. Male, female, random, and different time scenarios. Never seen anything like this before. Occasionally a normal sentence will be heard but its rare. Anyone else got this?

Mike

Mike, 

Do you have any voice add-on?

Vic

39 minutes ago, vicrussell said:

As far as speech is concerned, I'm getting the male voice ok, but the female voice is reading code.

Perhaps that is not compatible. Folks, if only one sound works it will not be considered bug so please stop reporting it. We even implemented a popup within the game to let you know it works ONLY with compatible sounds. 

16 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Perhaps that is not compatible. Folks, if only one sound works it will not be considered bug so please stop reporting it. We even implemented a popup within the game to let you know it works ONLY with compatible sounds. 

That's true.  There is a pop up but it isn't clear what is compatible.

It looks like that at this time the only compatible voices are the default microsoft voices regardless if the add on voices are sapi voices or not which is fine since the variable pitch/tempo makes for a great variety of voices even when just using the microsoft  ones.  :-) 

It's over a week now, and I'm sure MANY of us have deluged Dovetail to get the SP on Steam, yet it's not out yet.

What else can we do to help get this done? Can you, Feelthere, lean on them a little? The game really is unplayable without the fixes in the SP. Forget using the two airports other than St. Thomas out of the box between planes crashing in to "ready to taxi" planes in LA, to missing tugs and pathing bugs and penalties for non-existant plane crossing a runway when a plane is landing Philadelphia.

I've quit playing it until the Steam patch is released and I want to play it so badly. I don't know what else to do as one little guy against Dovetail to get this SP (And future patches) released on a timely schedule when you release them here.

I'm really quite upset because I want to play and enjoy it and I can't because.....Dovetail.

I guess I'm feeling really sorry for myself not even knowing about this sim until I saw it on Steam, otherwise I would have bought it here and I wish I could take back my purchase but I can't.

Any news on the patch for steam users? The sim is shelved untill this happens. What´s the big deal happening with this sp? If DTG is not doing their jobs, why Feelthere don´t release a patch to Steam users out of the Steam enviroment until DTG goes out of the inertia? I think Feelther needs to care about these users too. Thanks.

Can i install the service pack available in the Steam version of the game?

16 minutes ago, benji53 said:

I still get confused where to find the SP link.  Can you explain in some detail where to find it? it was purchased from Feel There.  Thanks in advance.

All you do is re-download the installer from the link you received when you first purchased the game. The new installer has the service pack installed.

Uninstall the game.  Run the new installer.