The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 Setup with PMDG 737NGX

Hi, i just bought the FSIUPC4.

Could someone tell me how to assign certain things? I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and i want to assign for example APU to a 2 position switch. Pos1 - APU start, upon release (which means pos2) - APU OFF. Even i managed to find how to set this up in FSUIPC, the PMDG737 doesnt seems to react on the changes in switch position. What did i do wrong or did i misinterpreted the function?

And i see some members are located in or near Stoke on Trent. I just moved here, so if anyone would like to share sim experience or talk about it over a pint, it would be nice. ;-)

1 hour ago, Libor said:

Could someone tell me how to assign certain things? I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and i want to assign for example APU to a 2 position switch. Pos1 - APU start, upon release (which means pos2) - APU OFF. Even i managed to find how to set this up in FSUIPC, the PMDG737 doesnt seems to react on the changes in switch position. What did i do wrong or did i misinterpreted the function?

The NGX is probably the least easy to set up, because it really implements pretty much all of its own systems, ignoring the FS controls entirely for the most part.

PMDG have, however, provided all the controls you need in their own range, listed in the SDK file of type ".h" (for "header"). Towards the end of that file you'll see a long list of controls defined in terms of a number added to a base value, which is also defined, at the start of the list. I can't easily help you with a specific command as I don't actually use any PMDG aircraft (though I do have the file here someplace).

Once you've computed the number of a control you want to assign, you can do so by selecting <custom control> in the drop down assignment list in FSUIPC. Selecting that allows you to enter the control number. Many controls will also need a parameter -- most likely 1 for 'on' or 0 for 'off'.

1 hour ago, Libor said:

And i see some members are located in or near Stoke on Trent

I'm not far North of Stoke, near Biddulph. You'd be welcome to visit some time, when I'm at home -- these days my wife and I take a lot of trips (packing as much in while we can, be are both getting on!).

Send me an email some time, but don't hide behind a false name please. petedowson@btconnect.com.

Pete

I know its early, but could not sleep. Figured that out no problem, after the hint. Including the parameters.

APU Works the way its supposed to and engine selectors start / cont / off as well! Going to setup the rest.

Thank YOU!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ridge

There are different actions, tha can be assignet to the same control, and there are also actions, that will happen on release of those controls, so, when switch goes off, then something can be done or more then one event can be programmed. So on my Warthog, when i go to start, it starts and then goes to on and holds until i flip the switch back to OFF.

Snady

#define THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN                0x00011000        // equals to 69632