The simFlight Network Forums

AS16+FSUIPC

Hi Peter

Since yesterday i have Active Sky 2016+ASCA and a long time FSUIPC registered, latest version!

Since i i have AS16 i notice CTD ONLY when shutdown the FSX with diffrent errors like g3d.dll, ntdll.dll, stackhash.dll, panels.dll.....complitly random

I can fly 10 hours without any crash, only when shutdown the FSX! No problems with ASN!

THEN i have filled in the FSUIPC.ini the following line

ForceTerminateTime=3

Now it seems the problem is gone, but i have to do more testing! I have that feeling there is a problem with the new weathermaschine and FSUIPC but not sure.

With the code above i have to shutdown some external programs manualy and AS is still connected after shutdown, not that big problem.

Max

AS16 should certainly not still show "connected" after FSX is terminated. It is working fine here, and has been for a while (I was lucky enoough to get the final Beta to test).

There is no interaction between FSUIPC and ASN itself. FSUIPC does detect if the as_btstrp DLL is running so it can take steps to avoid hooking the same places in FSX's Weather.DLL for Wind Smoothing (you only get one or the other doing that). That's unchanged for AS16. There is a little more interaction, again through the DLL, if you use the FSUIPC WX radar facilities -- which are again unchanged. There is certainly nothing on the FSUIPC side which could cause all sorts of different crashes in different FSX modules. 

You will have to talk to HiFi support about this. I expect you will need ot go thjrough some process of elimination.

You could also try starting and stopping the AS16 exe using an entry in FSUIPC's Programs section. That works quite well for me, as it did for ASN.  Imn fact most external apps seem to operate better in termas of shutting down if they are only started when FSX is running, and closed before it closes.

Pete

1 hour ago, Timonier said:

Run1=READY,CLOSE,"D:\HiFi\AS16_P3D\AS16.exe"

Mine says:

RunIF7=AM=xC0,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS16_FSX\AS16.exe"

because my AS16 is installed where it wanted to go, and I set different Affinity Masks (AM) for each program I load, to try to stop extra processes interfering with FSX's use of processors. I also am a lttle more ruthless, using "KILL" instead of "CLOSE" so it does always disappear! 

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hello Pete,

one question regarding the "close-function":

Somewhere I read that it's possible to start UT2 with this command line within the "programs"-section of FSUIPC.ini

Does this mean that I have to remove the respective UT2 entry in the exe.dml? Or is it possible to just add that command to FSUIPC.ini and your program detects by "runif" if UT2 is alteady started?

And: If so: Does the "CLOSE"-function still work through FSUIPC even when the program got started through the exe.dml?

Greetings,

Chris

1 hour ago, kriggelb said:

Somewhere I read that it's possible to start UT2 with this command line within the "programs"-section of FSUIPC.ini

Does this mean that I have to remove the respective UT2 entry in the exe.dml? Or is it possible to just add that command to FSUIPC.ini and your program detects by "runif" if UT2 is alteady started?

I start UT2 in FSUIPC. It works fine. The "RunIf" should detect it if you start if in the EXE.XML -- provided it is established by the time FSUIPC checks for it --  but there's no point in having it in the FSUIPC list if you don't remove it from the EXE.XML, is there? The FSUIPC entry cannot do anything with it at all. Its options only apply to programs it starts.

1 hour ago, kriggelb said:

Does the "CLOSE"-function still work through FSUIPC even when the program got started through the exe.dml?

No.

Pete