The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Knowles

My Traffic 6.0 crashes FSX

I bought My Traffic 6.0 last week. After installation, whenever I try to fly, FSX crashes. I set up a free flight using either the vanilla planes or bought planes, select fly now, the program tries to start the flight and then crashes before the first frame is completely drawn.

I have checked FSX.cfg and Scenery.cfg and the relevant lines are there as follows

Scenery.cfg

[Area.119]
Title=Propeller Objects
Local=Scenery\Props
Layer=119
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.120]
Title=MyTraffic
Local=J:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=120

[Area.121]
Title=Addon Scenery
Local=Addon Scenery
Layer=121
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

FSX.cfg
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6="J:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

When I disable the My Traffic scenery, FSX behaves fine. As soon as I re-enable the scenery, FSX crashes. I have disabled all add-ons but get the same problem.
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing My Scenery 6.0 twice, with exactly the same results.

Has anyone come across this problem before and if yes, what is the solution.

Many thanks

Mike

This definitively has never been reported. There have been reports by some users on stability issues at the US West Coast, which could not be reproduced by others with the same settings. Try for the moment to rename MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl to .bgl.passive if that helps.

The same thing is happening to me. I removed Trafficmil and FSX loaded. However, after 10 to 15 minutes after taking off from KJFK, it crashed. It does not crash at all with Mytraffic disabled. Currently, it's working, but only after I removed all scenery except the traffic bgl's. I'm testing this to see if it crashes again.

Suggestions ?