The simFlight Network Forums
Rolfspan

Unable to enter data in FSC 9.6.7 (solved)

After updating to 9.6 ver 7, I can no longer enter a route in FSC. When typing it will not respond although it appears to affect P3D v3.3 by changing views. I have FSC on one Monitor and run P3D on another. I had no problems in the past. When I shut down P3D I can enter data without problems however that is obviously useless. I suspect I am or have done something wrong and would appreciate any idea that might fix this problem.

Thank you.

Rolf

Hi Volker,

Sorry for not providing details. 

1. My Sim is P3D v3.3
  2. FSUIPC Version 4.948 e  (Registered)
  3. No Network
  4. FSC and Database Manager both are 9.6 Rev7 Net - Build: May 20, 2016
  5. This is new to me. I use FSC for flight plans 
  6. Download version from your website
  7. Operating system is Windows 10
  8. I use 3 Monitors. The main one (Phillips 4K  40") for the flight sim) the other two for FSC, Vpilot etc

A really curious thing happened. I reloaded my Database Manager for the second time and after that finished, I activated FS Commander and now the problem I had has disappeared. However the following notice came up during that process. "File not found or no access. Search for folder file C:Program Files (86) Lockheed Martin\Prepare3D\V3\Scenery|world\Scenery  in the FSCDBM_FS Log File! I continued and all sems to work.   The VR in the path - C:Program Files (86) Lockheed Martin\Prepare3D\V3\Scenery|world\Scenery - is not available in my system. I do have the following seperate from the previous path - C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3Scenery\BASE\Scenery - that refers to a single BGL file "timezone.bgl" 

I hope that can be corrected. 

Thank you for your help.

Rolf

Another problem came to light. While trying to get FS Commander to load I received the following notice;

Databases for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 missing or incomplete!

Please choose different FS version or run database manager first.

What could have caused that?

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Have you read the document Vista and Windows users please 7_8_10 read.pdf before installation? ...read here...
If the P3D installation was carried out according to the recommendations?
If the FSUIPC4 installed as administrator?
( btw. the current version of the FSUIPC4 = 4.955c )

If the FlightSim Commander installed as administrator?
If the FSC run as administrator?

Volker

Volker,

Just a note to let you know that I reinstalled FS Commander following the instructions and all is well. I also updated FSUIPC to the latest version.

Many thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

Rolf