The simFlight Network Forums

Prevent Refueling Mid-Flight

CXA001

As we are not a military VA, we do not have facilities to refuel during mid-flight.

How would I go about prevent our pilots from adding fuel during mid-flight? I have looked at the different offsets and can't seem to find one that would prevent the pilot from adding fuel.

Regards,

Marc

45 minutes ago, CXA001 said:

How would I go about prevent our pilots from adding fuel during mid-flight? I have looked at the different offsets and can't seem to find one that would prevent the pilot from adding fuel.

You'd have to read the fuel quantities per tank and prevent them being increased. i.e keep a note of the last value and if an increase is seen, write back the last value you read. If you do this often enough the user won't even see the blip.

You can make an aircraft use less or more fuel using the same technique. This is how fuel leak problems are simulated by some instructor programs which provide fault simulation.

Pete

• 1 year later...

Perhaps you made it but just to show a way to other people.. my application collects data from the aircraft 10 times per second. On every collect run, I calculate the total fuel on board, put the calculated value on a variable called "currentfuel". I also have another variable "lastfuel" which is assigned the amount of total fuel in the very beginning. If currentfuel > lastfuel then.... do whatever... else lastfuel=currentfuel.

My app disqualifies the flight :)