The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flying-w

makeryws.exe (4.6.9.7) & STB Errors during Compile Airports

The latest version of makeryws.exe (4.6.9.7) is generating invalid XML in certain situations, and this is causing errors during STB Compile Airports.  For example, ORBX Little Goose Lock and Dam has this line:

<File>ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_CRM_16W_Little_Goose_Lock_&_Dam.BGL</File>

However "&" has special meaning in XML, it needs to be "escaped" to be valid like this:
<File>ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_CRM_16W_Little_Goose_Lock_&amp;_Dam.BGL</File>

STB is working as designed here, it relies on the Microsoft .Net XML classes to read the XML, and that's where the exception is coming from.  Pete Dowson is away until the 20th August, I'll contact him then to see if there is something he is able to fix.  In the meantime, either use older versions of makerwys,exe, or edit your runways.xml before doing STB Compile Airports to remove the "&" or change to valid value.

Hi Simon

Pete Dowson is away until the 20th August, I'll contact him then to see if there is something he is able to fix.

We have on the PRO-ATC/X Forum problems with ORBX files and MakeRwys. Do you have new information ?

Cheers

Thomas

Hello Thomas

Good news indeed and I was glad I could help.  It's just missed my V3.2.1.15 update, but the important thing is if you choose to download and use it independently all should be fine.

Thanks

Simon

STB for FSX V3.2.1.15 Update is coming out real soon with 9.2, I'm afraid this makerwys 9.9 missed the boat.

However the next STB for P3D Update (something like V3.4.1.25) will include it 9.9 as it's timeline is more like "next month"

Simon