The simFlight Network Forums

Exception occured , how do I fix this?

Does the folder mentioned in the message actually exist and contain fsx.cfg?  What other folders do you have in the "Microsoft" folder described in the message?  Has regular FSX ever been present on the PC where FSX Steam Edition is now installed?  Was it uninstalled first, or are both "editions" installed simultaneously?

Thanks
Simon

55 minutes ago, chairflyer said:

That folder does indeed exist, is that a problem?

I used to have boxed FSX on here, didnt really uninstall it proplerly before I got Steam.

I can't tell for sure without answers to the other questions I asked.  However if FSX-SE detects FSX is still installed it will go into "side by side" mode and use it's own paths to important files.  The version of STB can't recognise this "side by side" issue.  Please provide the other answers, and we'll decide how to proceed.

Thanks
Simon

I use a standard .net framework call to get the application data folder, and the value coming back from Windows is just wrong on your PC.  I don't know why that's the case, leave it with me and I'll see if I can find another way to get this kind of information.

Simon

That's fine, I just wanted to explain a little about why this kind of problem occurs.  Microsoft provides more than one method for obtaining the information I need, some methods seem to work better than others on certain computer.

I've implemented another method for you, and here's the hotfix:

1) Download the following zip: http://www.supertrafficboard.com/downloads/FSObjects.zip

2) Find the folder where you have STB installed

3) In the folder, make a backup copy of "FSObjects.dll" and "FSObjects.pdb"

4) Unzip the contents of the zip file into the STB installation folder

If you prefer to wait for an update patch, that will come in but it will be a little while before that is done as it is a larger task.

Maybe there's something wrong with your Windows.  Try this..

1) Click the Windows Start button

2) Type in %appdata% into the "search programs and files box" and press enter

3) That should open a new folder.  Please send me a screenshot of the folder.

Capture.PNG

If you are using something other than windows 7, the procedure is a little different.