Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
zazaboeing

P3dv3.35 crashing on exit

Recommended Posts

Hi Pete and guys,

 

I'm having the infamous crash upon exiting P3d, and if I remove the Fsuipc.dll entry on DLL.XML (disabling Fsuipc) it shutdowns correctly.

Any thoughts on that?

Here's the log: 

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.955 (1st June 2016) by Pete Dowson *********
Prepar3D.exe version = 3.3.5.17625
Reading options from "D:\Prepar3D v3\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside Prepar3D v3 on Windows 8.0
Module base=779D0000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
      813 System time = 26/08/2016 02:42:28
      813 FLT path = "C:\Users\Zazas Desktop\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\"
      813 ------ Module Version Check ------
      813        acontain.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813             api.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813        controls.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813      fs-traffic.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813             G3D.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813        language.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813            sim1.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813        visualfx.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813         weather.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813          window.dll: 3.3.5.17625
      813 ----------------------------------
      813 Trying D:\Prepar3D v3\Modules\SimConnectP3D3.dll
      813 Found it: trying to connect
      813 FS path = "D:\Prepar3D v3\"
     1000 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
     1000 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
     1000    Manufacturer= Madcatz
     1000    Vendor=0738, Product=2215 (Version 0.87)
     1000    Serial Number= G0003619
     1000 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
     1000    Manufacturer= Madcatz
     1000    Vendor=0738, Product=A215 (Version 0.119)
     1000    Serial Number= G0003479
     1000 -------------------------------------------------------------------
     1188 LogOptions=00000000 00000051
     1203 -------------------------------------------------------------------
     1203 ------ Setting the hooks and direct calls into the simulator ------
     1203 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok
     1203 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained
     1203 ###ASN: ASN module as_btstrp.dll not loaded (yet)!
     1203 --- FS Controls Table located ok
     1203 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.
     1203 --- Wind smoothing fix is installed
     1203 --- All links okay (except older global weather setting method)
     1203 -------------------------------------------------------------------
     1203 VRI port 1 "com0" failed to open
     1203 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
     1203 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
    16281 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3", Version: 3.3.3.3 (SimConnect: 3.3.0.0)
    16281 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    16281 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    16297 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
    16297 C:\Users\Zazas Desktop\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\SIMstarter NG.fxml
    16297 D:\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Piper_J3Cub\Piper_J3Cub.air
    16422 Deactivated for PID=3420, "EZCA.exe"
    16516 Memory in use: 964Mb, Avail=3132Mb
    51297 Deactivated: culprit unknown
    51297 Focus lost: culprit unknown
    76953 Memory in use: 1675Mb, Avail=2421Mb
    86500 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
    87328 System time = 26/08/2016 02:43:54, Simulator time = 12:20:46 (16:20Z)
    87547 Aircraft="Piper Cub"
    88328 Starting everything now ...
    88328 Note: "D:\Prepar3D v3\Modules\PFCFSX.DLL", Error 126 (The specified module could not be found. )
    88328 Note: "D:\Prepar3D v3\Modules\EPICINFO5.DLL", Error 126 (The specified module could not be found. )
    88344 LUA.0: beginning "D:\Prepar3D v3\Modules\ipcReady.lua"
    88344 LUA.0: ended "D:\Prepar3D v3\Modules\ipcReady.lua"
    88344 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
    88360 LUA.1:  *************************** STARTING LINDA **************************
    88360 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] Loading System Configuration files
    88391 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] VRInsight MCP Set = mcp
    88391 ###ASN[2]: as_btstrp.dll is present at 50870000, with procedure isActive at 50874270
    88391 ###ASN[2]: ... and IsRunning returned this: 508B0DC4
    88391 ASN active function link set
    88391 ###ASN[2]: ASN running flag = 1
    88391 Ready for ASN WX radar
    88391 ###ASN[2]: ASN Active flag at 508B0DC4 = 01
    88391 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
    88391 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] System Configuration files loaded
    88547 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] *************************************************************
    88547 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] New Aircraft Selected - restarting...
    88547 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] *************************************************************
    88547 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] Current Aircraft: Piper Cub
    88719 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] Aircraft module detected: FSX Default
    88719 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] *************************************************************
    88750 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] Starting Initialisation...
    88750 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] Loading Libraries...
    88766 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  AivlaSoft library loaded...
    88766 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  ATC library loaded...
    88781 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  FSX standard library loaded...
    88781 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  FS2Crew library loaded...
    88781 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  FSX Functions loaded...
    88797 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  IVAO library loaded...
    88797 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  RealityXP library loaded...
    88797 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  Saitek Functions loaded...
    88813 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  User Library loaded...
    88813 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  VATSIM library loaded...
    88813 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  VRInsight Function Library loaded...
    88813 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  Weather library loaded...
    88828 LUA.0: LINDA:: [LIB]  A2A MAP library loaded...
    88828 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] Initializing Common Variables...
    88875 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] User GLOBAL config loaded...
    88875 LUA.0: LINDA:: User's modifications script is loaded...
    88891 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] User FUNCTIONS loaded...
    88906 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] Finalising Initialisation...
    89063 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] Checking VRI
    89063 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] Module: FSX Default Started...
    89125 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] Ready to go, Captain!
    89125 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] ***************************************************************
    89485 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
    89594 Weather Mode now = Theme
    90891 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
    93406 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
    95906 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
    98422 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   100922 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   103422 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   105938 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   108438 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   110938 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   113453 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   115953 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   118469 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   120969 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   123469 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   125953 LUA.0: LINDA:: [EVNT] Airborne ...
   125985 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   128485 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   130985 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   133500 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   136000 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   137203 Memory in use: 1883Mb, Avail=2213Mb
   138516 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   141016 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   143531 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   146031 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   148547 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   151047 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   153547 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   156063 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   158563 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   161078 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   163578 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   166094 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   168594 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   171110 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   173610 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   176110 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   178625 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   181125 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   183641 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   186141 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   188656 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   191156 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   193672 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   196172 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   197485 Memory in use: 1891Mb, Avail=2205Mb
   198688 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   201188 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   203688 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   206203 ###ASN[2]: DoWX: Options=0000, range=0
   207438 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
   207438 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 121 secs = 59.9 fps
   207438              Max AI traffic was 1 aircraft
   230516 === DLLStop called ...

 

Thanks,

 

Rafael

Edited by zazaboeing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zazaboeing said:

I'm having the infamous crash upon exiting P3d,

Which "infamous" crash is that? Where are the crash details, please?

Are you sure it is FSUIPC? Perhaps it is something related to LINDA which I see you are running too.  (I'm not sure why LINDA is logging so much -- is that a LINDA option?)

If this line truly is the last line logged before the crash

230516 === DLLStop called ...

then it isn't a "crash on exit" I've seen before. The original one and most common one is a SimConnect closing bug. Currently FSUIPC avoids that by simply not calling SimConnect close.

With "LogExtras=4" (or 5) set, as you have, the normally seen sequence of closing actions on termination is this:

   393388 === DLLStop called ...
   393388 === About to kill my timers ...
   393591 === Restoring window procs ...
   393591 === Unloading libraries ...
   393591 === stopping other threads ...
   396212 === NOTE: not calling SimConnect_Close ...
   396212 === AI slots deleted!
   396212 === Freeing button memory ...
   396212 === Closing my Windows ...
   396212 === Freeing FS libraries ...
   397226 === Closing devices ...
   397226 === Closing the Log ... Bye Bye! ...
   397226 System time = 26/08/2016 09:25:48, Simulator time = 12:24:48 (12:24Z)
   397226 *** FSUIPC log file being closed


The highlighted line is the point where the "infamous" crash occurs if I allow FSUIPC to call SimConnect close. I have of course reported this to L-M, but it isn't easily reproducible, despite being "infamous" for some folks.

A crash between these two lines:

   393388 === DLLStop called ...
   393388 === About to kill my timers ...

can only be related either to the forced terminations of programs being run (via entries in [Programs]) or the forced termination of Lua plug-ins and any associated External programs started by those plug-ins. Again, this points to LINDA or one of its offshoots.

I'll try changing the order of terminations (plug-ins then programs they started then "Run" programs, instead of the reverse as now), but really iyt shouldn't matter which order they run in.

FSUIPC does notify Lua plug-ins that things are terminating, and then allows 1 second for them to tidy up and close. I know LINDA has grown and become quite complex, so perhaps it needs longer? I will add a parameter to allow that timer to be changed, say 1-20 seconds? I don't want to increase it by default because P3D seems to take long enough to close down properly as it is.

Pete

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Which "infamous" crash is that? Where are the crash details, please?

Are you sure it is FSUIPC? Perhaps it is something related to LINDA which I see you are running too.  (I'm not sure why LINDA is logging so much -- is that a LINDA option?)

If this line truly is the last line logged before the crash


230516 === DLLStop called ...

then it isn't a "crash on exit" I've seen before. The original one and most common one is a SimConnect closing bug. Currently FSUIPC avoids that by simply not calling SimConnect close.

With "LogExtras=4" (or 5) set, as you have, the normally seen sequence of closing actions on termination is this:

   393388 === DLLStop called ...
   393388 === About to kill my timers ...
   393591 === Restoring window procs ...
   393591 === Unloading libraries ...
   393591 === stopping other threads ...
   396212 === NOTE: not calling SimConnect_Close ...
   396212 === AI slots deleted!
   396212 === Freeing button memory ...
   396212 === Closing my Windows ...
   396212 === Freeing FS libraries ...
   397226 === Closing devices ...
   397226 === Closing the Log ... Bye Bye! ...
   397226 System time = 26/08/2016 09:25:48, Simulator time = 12:24:48 (12:24Z)
   397226 *** FSUIPC log file being closed


The highlighted line is the point where the "infamous" crash occurs if I allow FSUIPC to call SimConnect close. I have of course reported this to L-M, but it isn't easily reproducible, despite being "infamous" for some folks.

A crash between these two lines:

   393388 === DLLStop called ...
   393388 === About to kill my timers ...

can only be related either to the forced terminations of programs being run (via entries in [Programs]) or the forced termination of Lua plug-ins and any associated External programs started by those plug-ins. Again, this points to LINDA or one of its offshoots.

I'll try changing the order of terminations (plug-ins then programs they started then "Run" programs, instead of the reverse as now), but really iyt shouldn't matter which order they run in.

FSUIPC does notify Lua plug-ins that things are terminating, and then allows 1 second for them to tidy up and close. I know LINDA has grown and become quite complex, so perhaps it needs longer? I will add a parameter to allow that timer to be changed, say 1-20 seconds? I don't want to increase it by default because P3D seems to take long enough to close down properly as it is.

Pete

 

Sorry, I meant FAMOUS ... because many people have this crash on exit, as I've searched on the net. Sorry for the language confusion.

I'll try to terminate other programs, and not using Linda to see what happens.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pete!

I traced down every plugin, every program, one by one, to find out that Linda is what is causing this to happen, just like you mentioned. If I remove all *.lua, and don't see the LUA initial message box upon P3d launch, it means I'm not getting the crash. 

If I copy back the Ipcready.lua and linda.lua, I get the crash again.

Any idea how to correct this? I only use LINDA for some A2A and PMDG specific key assignments, I'm ok without it if not flying these birds.

Thanks again,

Rafael

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zazaboeing said:

Any idea how to correct this? I only use LINDA for some A2A and PMDG specific key assignments,.

I'm sorry but I don't use LINDA and know little about it. didn't you find the crash details, which might help/

By all means try the next FSUIPC update, where I've changed the close down order, but it might be worthwhile also asking in the LINDA forum.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zazaboeing said:

I think I have the latest version already

I actually said the "next version". You don't yet have the next version!  I hope to release the next version in the next week!

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 8/26/2016 at 8:19 PM, Pete Dowson said:

I actually said the "next version". You don't yet have the next version!  I hope to release the next version in the next week!

Pete

 

Thanks Pete!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.