The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC - Assign 2 commands for the same button and rudder problem

MOVED FROM "FAQ" REFERENCE SUBFORUM!

Please always post questions and support requests to the Support Forum unless they are in a thread which is about the subject you are questioning.

Good morning Pete,

I've sent this same text by message but as other people may have the same problem, I'm asking it here.

I purchased FSUIPC 4, and I managed to assign each one of the joystick levers to control each 2 engines in the 747.

My problem now is assigning 2 commands to the same joystick button. Example: I used to have button 13 of the joystick for gear up and gear down, but when I try to assign this in FSUIPC I can't find a way of assigning these 2 commands to the same button, could you please explain me how to do it?

Another problem I have is with rudder. I use pedals of a cheap wheel I have (the Thrustmaster Ferrari Trust wheel), to control the rudder, and to do this I have to use glovepie (a friend manage to create a script that makes my pedals be able to be assigned as rudder. Otherwise Only one pedal could be assigned), and for some reason when I press a pedal, the rudder goes firstly to that side, then suddently goes to the other and get's back to the center. Any suggestions to solve this issue?

Hope you can help me with this.

Thank you very much Pete,

If you need more information please inform me,

Kindly,

Edgar

33 minutes ago, edgarvsfreitas said:

MOVED FROM "FAQ" REFERENCE SUBFORUM!

Please always post questions and support requests to the Support Forum unless they are in a thread which is about the subject you are questioning.

My problem now is assigning 2 commands to the same joystick button. Example: I used to have button 13 of the joystick for gear up and gear down, but when I try to assign this in FSUIPC I can't find a way of assigning these 2 commands to the same button, could you please explain me how to do it?

What is the point of having a button with makes the gear go and then down again, or vice versa?

If you want one button to operate the Gear, assign to GEAR TOGGLE -- that's what the 'G' keypress does in FS by default.

Assigning multiple actions to a button or key has to be done by editing the INI file directly. The Advanced User's guide for FSUIPC gives details and examples.

37 minutes ago, edgarvsfreitas said:

Another problem I have is with rudder. I use pedals of a cheap wheel I have (the Thrustmaster Ferrari Trust wheel), to control the rudder, and to do this I have to use glovepie (a friend manage to create a script that makes my pedals be able to be assigned as rudder. Otherwise Only one pedal could be assigned), and for some reason when I press a pedal, the rudder goes firstly to that side, then suddently goes to the other and get's back to the center. Any suggestions to solve this issue?

Well, you'd need to know why it is doing that. What numbers to you see entering FSUIPC from the pedals? (Hint: enable axis logging in FSUIPC's Logging tab, and enable the console log so you can see it in real time -- with FS temporarily in Windowed mode).

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

What is the point of having a button with makes the gear go and then down again, or vice versa?

If you want one button to operate the Gear, assign to GEAR TOGGLE -- that's what the 'G' keypress does in FS by default.

Assigning multiple actions to a button or key has to be done by editing the INI file directly. The Advanced User's guide for FSUIPC gives details and examples.

Pete,

Probably I wasn't clear but what you mentioned was what I intended to do.

Both problems were now solved, thank you for replying. 

Edgar