The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
helix1250

No AI in P3Dv3 latest version.

Hi everyone,

Like others I seem to be having a issue with seeing AI in P3D, I have gone through the recommended instal procedure and that doesn't seem to have made any difference. Let me just run through my set up and what I have done so far.

I currently run a duel install of FSX-SE and P3D, they are both on there own dedicated SSD drives. Windows 10 is on its own SSD as well! I installed MT6 on to the FSX-SE drive (H) and run through localising the files and installing the scenery I to FSX-SE scenery library. 

I tested the install in FSX-SE and had loads of traffic at airports. I then localised the files for P3D pointing them to the instal drive of FSX-SE, I then add MT6 to the P3D scenery library. I load up P3D and I don't see any traffic. 

I have checked the folders.txt, I have the path's to MT6 and FSX-SE listed and are correct and two lines down I have the correct path to P3D. I have double checked the scenery .cfg file to make sure It's correct for P3D, which it is. 

I have also tried a full uninstal and then installed it again, taking time to follow the install instructions to the letter. All of which haven't improved things!

I'm hopping someone can offer something further to try as I have currently run out of ideas to try.

many thanks Rob

++++ UPDATE++++

I copied a Aircraft from the MT6 aircraft and put it in the Simobjects aircraft along with the texture folder and I can now see that aircraft? I am guessing that P3D isn't seeing the aircraft for some reason. I have double checked all the path to files and folders and they are correct.

Thanks Neal,

Yes I did follow that guide before posting and I have tried it both was with trafficAircraft.bgl turned off (Passive) and with it on. Either way it doesn't alter the injected Airtraffic.

Below will be my config file, I have compared the MT6 entry with the one in my FSX config and they are identical.

Here is my Simobjects.cfg

Rob

[Entry.0]
PATH=I:\Realair\SimObjects\Airplanes
TITLE=RealAir Turbine Duke V2
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Entry.1]
PATH=SimObjects\Airplanes
TITLE=Default Airplanes
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.2]
PATH=SimObjects\Avatars
TITLE=Default Avatars
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.3]
PATH=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
TITLE=Default Rotorcraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.4]
PATH=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
TITLE=Default Ground Vehicles
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.5]
PATH=SimObjects\Boats
TITLE=Default Boats
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.6]
PATH=SimObjects\Animals
TITLE=Default Animals
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.7]
PATH=SimObjects\Misc
TITLE=Default Misc
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.8]
PATH=SimObjects\Submersible
TITLE=Default Submersible
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.9]
PATH=SimObjects\Weapons
TITLE=Default Weapons
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.10]
PATH=SimObjects\Countermeasures
TITLE=Default Countermeasures
ACTIVE=true
[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic
Path="H:\My Tarffic Pro\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
Required=False
Active=True
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.11]

Yep, it looks like something got messed up. From the above error I can only assume you used the "without the communicator" method. Personally I rather the other method, as it has work for me on several occasions after doing reinstalls etc.