The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3d LAX schedule issue.

mpatricksp

Ok got a strange one here.  I swear it didn't always do this but has started doing it more and more frequently.  I have a plane land and as soon as it gets to the terminal it immediately comes up as a departing plane but the tag in the ADIRS doesn't change to the new flight number it keeps the same tag as the landing plane.  Also Think it kind of weird that it turns around immediately.  Here is a screen shot as well as my log.  The plane landed as SWA37 and as soon as it hit the terminal it comes up and requests a taxi for SWA3134.  I just did a clean install of SP2a and a new download of real traffic and real color.

Screenshot (1).png

game.log

Also not sure what causes it but when I was messing around with this issue I tried to install real traffic over the top of the current install.  Worked but the lights on the front of the plan don't show at all in the sim once I installed real traffic over the current install.  The only way I could get them to show again was to uninstall everything and then install SP2a/Real Traffic/Real Color.  I had them not work this weekend and spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what was causing them to not show up.

As reference in another topic which would explain the immediate turnaround departure - in a quote from FeelThere:

"Also, we rewrote the logic for reusing arrived airplanes for departure. By the time we developed T!2011 a turnaround time was about 2 hours. In these days no airline can afford it so you will see turnaround as fast as 20 minutes. If a plane gets delayed on arrival there are times when it will depart again almost immediately. I agree this is sometimes funny, but this is the only way to make some realistic average turnaround to be programmed. Yes we could take account delays etc, but it would require a very complex scheduling system (which in fact my wishlist for a possible next version of Tower :) ) "

Go with the flow,
RickyJ

1 hour ago, mpatricksp said:

Also not sure what causes it but when I was messing around with this issue I tried to install real traffic over the top of the current install.  Worked but the lights on the front of the plan don't show at all in the sim once I installed real traffic over the current install.  The only way I could get them to show again was to uninstall everything and then install SP2a/Real Traffic/Real Color.  I had them not work this weekend and spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what was causing them to not show up.

I also do not have any landing lights at night.

After reading your post I uninstalled everything and reinstalled in the order you gave ...  still no landing lights.

When I have a little more time I will mess with it and see if I can get my landing lights back.  :-)

Yea it's weird.  They were working fine until I started having some issues with my computer and had to uninstall everything.  When I put it back on I didn't have them.  I installed and uninstalled it several times in different orders.  Sometimes they are there and sometimes there not.  Not sure what's going on with them.  I can usually always get them back if I install in the order I listed.  I also stopped Installing JFK and all the other real colors because right now I'm just messing with LAX anyways.

11 hours ago, futureboy said:

As reference in another topic which would explain the immediate turnaround departure - in a quote from FeelThere:

"Also, we rewrote the logic for reusing arrived airplanes for departure. By the time we developed T!2011 a turnaround time was about 2 hours. In these days no airline can afford it so you will see turnaround as fast as 20 minutes. If a plane gets delayed on arrival there are times when it will depart again almost immediately. I agree this is sometimes funny, but this is the only way to make some realistic average turnaround to be programmed. Yes we could take account delays etc, but it would require a very complex scheduling system (which in fact my wishlist for a possible next version of Tower :) ) "

Go with the flow,
RickyJ

That explains why the quick turn around I guess but I figured there was an issue because the AIRDS doesn't update with the new flight, it keeps the same flight number as the landing plane.

28 minutes ago, Harvester said:

I think it's a problem with the new (sp3) version of Real Traffic.

I can install the older (sp2) version and still have landing lights ... installing the newer sp3 results in no landing lights.

Yea not real sure what's causing it.  I have never installed the SP3 version and I still lost the landing lights at some point.  I don't think the sp3 was up until yesterday and I was messing with it on Sunday so I didn't have access to the SP3 version.

12 minutes ago, mpatricksp said:

Yea not real sure what's causing it.  I have never installed the SP3 version and I still lost the landing lights at some point.  I don't think the sp3 was up until yesterday and I was messing with it on Sunday so I didn't have access to the SP3 version.

Well that's strange.  :-)

I can install the sp2 version and still have landing lights but as soon as I install the sp3 version the landing lights are gone.

I'll just stick with sp2 since that's the only way I can keep landing lights.  :-)

BTW, I just checked and I downloaded sp3 this last Friday.

3 minutes ago, Harvester said:

Well that's strange.  :-)

I can install the sp2 version and still have landing lights but as soon as I install the sp3 version the landing lights are gone.

I'll just stick with sp2 since that's the only way I can keep landing lights.  :-)

BTW, I just checked and I downloaded sp3 this last Friday.

Yea my mistake, not real sure what version of real traffic I was installing this weekend, I was thinking about the Real color update to KPHL that I think they put up yesterday.  I'll have to keep messing with it and see if I can figure out which one of them is killing the lights.  I think SP2 of real traffic fixed the install directory issue and SP3 was updated for JFK but not positive.

With Tower!3d issuing service packs and Real Traffic Tower!3D issuing service packs and I am sure Real Color Tower!3D and the airports will have service packs you may need to be more specific of which addon the service pack is associated with.

The change sequence that I am familiar with is:

Tower!3D          Real Traffic Tower!3D
Hot Fix               SP2
SP1                    SP3
SP2
SP2a

Would a sticky with the evolution of Tower!3D be helpfull?

Maybe it was SP2a for Tower!3D that the landing lights went missing.

I'm sure the developers will be able to shed some "light" on the topic.

RickyJ

1 hour ago, winsaudi said:

There's an SP3 for T3D?  When did that come out? What does it fix? Or are you living up to your name futureboy?

No sorry I put it in the wrong column. SP3 was for Real Traffic Tower!3D.

Now I'm getting confused, which isn't hard to do.

RickyJ

1 hour ago, futureboy said:

With Tower!3d issuing service packs and Real Traffic Tower!3D issuing service packs and I am sure Real Color Tower!3D and the airports will have service packs you may need to be more specific of which addon the service pack is associated with.

The change sequence that I am familiar with is:

Tower!3D          Real Traffic Tower!3D
Hot Fix               SP2
SP1                    SP3
SP2
SP2a

Would a sticky with the evolution of Tower!3D be helpfull?

Maybe it was SP2a for Tower!3D that the landing lights went missing.

I'm sure the developers will be able to shed some "light" on the topic.

RickyJ

It's sp3 of Real Traffic which makes the landing lights go away. 

I still have the sp2 installer and installing that version does not make the landing lights inoperable.

Installing sp3 makes it go away every time.  

I'm not sure if it's something with my system or Real Traffic ... but there's def something wrong.  :-) 

On 10/11/2016 at 2:00 PM, Harvester said:

It's sp3 of Real Traffic which makes the landing lights go away. 

I still have the sp2 installer and installing that version does not make the landing lights inoperable.

Installing sp3 makes it go away every time.  

I'm not sure if it's something with my system or Real Traffic ... but there's def something wrong.  :-) 

I can confirm the same behavior

Dear Costumer,
We updated the Real Traffic for Tower! 3D product. You wil be able to download the new installer from the original download link what you received after the purchase.
The new installer works with the original activation code.
If there anything I can help please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Nyerges Design