The simFlight Network Forums
Braudoux

Using FS Commander for 2 Flight Sim (answered)

Bonsoir,

After having purchased and installed P3D, here is my new configuration that works perfectly:

• FSC is installed on a computer and connecting to FSX through my network via WideFS
  • FSX installed on a SSD of a separate computer

Now I have installed P3D on the computer where FSX is installed but on separate SSD. Therefore I can launch either FSX or P3D through a dual boot.

My question is:

How to use FSC with both simulators ? 

What happens when FSCDbManager has scanned FSX files and then is requested to scan P3D files ? Are the scanned data stored separately or data are replaced ?

Is it possible to store the scanned data of each simulator in separate folders and load them based on the starting simulator?

What is the trick to succeed in my wish to use FSC from either FSX or P3D ?

I hope my explanation is clear and I expect to get some ideas or solution from you, guys

Thanks in advance

Bruno

Hello Bruno,

All answers to your questions can be found in the manual (download here)  in the following chapter:

Chapter 2 DataBase Manager
Chapter 20 Loading databases for FS2004, FSX or Prepar3D

I'm sure this chapter provides valuable information.

Regards,
Volker