The simFlight Network Forums

change delta for throttles

I have paid version for FSX,  all controllers use fsuipc,   everything working well.

dual throttles for king air, noticed some variations in lever positions required.   Then  checked the axis and calibration settings and noticed I had set the 'delta' for each

a little different, ie.  '1' on some and 254 on others.  This is causing one lever needing to be moved further than the other, a bit unusual.

My question is;  can I reset all delta numbers to default in the .ini file?  or do I have to start over and clear all axis and recalibrate.   I don't mind clearing the .ini file, but I have created a few macros that I don't want to redo.  yokes and rudders took a while to calibrate to my liking, so I want to keep those settings.

I have looked at the file, but a little unsure which numbers to change, if it's possible.

RangeRepeatRate=10

0=0X,256,D,7,8,0,0
1=0Y,256,D,8,7,0,0
2=0U,256,D,5,0,0,0
3=0V,256,D,6,0,0,0
4=1X,256,D,1,0,0,0
5=1Y,256,D,2,0,0,0
6=1Z,256,D,4,0,0,0
7=1U,256,D,5,0,0,0

is the number in quote 256 the one to change?

Thanks in advance for a truly wonderful product,

best regards,

Ron.

5 hours ago, Ronski said:

Then  checked the axis and calibration settings and noticed I had set the 'delta' for each

a little different, ie.  '1' on some and 254 on others.  This is causing one lever needing to be moved further than the other, a bit unusual.

The default of 256 is perfectly adequate. A Delta of 1 means most of the time FSUIPC will be sending controls to FS with no effect whatsoever, except maybe to overload SimConnect to the detriment of other applications.

A Delta of 1 is used for controls for setting specific discrete values where every increment is meaningf

This is causing one lever needing to be moved further than the other, a bit unusual.

ul.

My question is;  can I reset all delta numbers to default in the .ini file? 

Yes.

I have looked at the file, but a little unsure which numbers to change, if it's possible.

The format is documented in the FSUIPC Advanced User's manual.

is the number in quote 256 the one to change?

Yes.

This is causing one lever needing to be moved further than the other, a bit unusual.

Well that's more usually to do with calibration. The difference between 1 and 256 on most FS controls is neglgiible. That's why it is best to ignore every difference less than 256. After all, the standard calibration gives a range of -16384 to +16383, a full 32,768 values. Very few of those are actually seen from devices as their resolution is rarely better than 1024 positions, and most are 128 or 256.  The higher resolutions are only really seen with optical devices, depending on the graduations on the disc they use, but with electrical deices like potentiometers it depends on the grade of the carbon or the number of windings of wire, and the length of the track the wiper moves on. Oh, and the width of the wiper of course.

Pete