The simFlight Network Forums

Real Weather and Multiplayer in FS2004

What is about Real weather and Multiplayer sessions in FS 2004? I have no chance to choose Real weather. The system always chnages back to User defined.

Sorry, I know nothing about multiplayer. Maybe FS cannot support real weather and multiplayer at the same time because they can't get the weather to match? Sorry, I really don't know. Maybe someone else can jump in about this.

Of course if you are using Squawkbox or similar and that is setting any aspect of the weather at all, then FS2004 automatically reverts to user-defined. The same applies to using FSUIPC with the option set for it to affect FS weather. Oh, and please be sure you are using the latest version of FSUIPC in any case (3.10).

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for your quick answer. Squawkbox manages the weather in FS2004? Is that really true?

I have no idea, I don't use it, but the facilities for capping the top speeds in FSUIPC were originally put into in way back in FS2000 days because occasionally Squawkbox would insert ridiculously high wind speeds (like hundreds or thousands of knots!). So I assume so.

I think folks who prefer FSMeteo or other weather sources switch the SB weather off. Maybe it's off by default now? I don't know, you'll need to check. The idea of SB providing the weather is to keep it the same as on the Controller's PC.

Regards,

Pete