The simFlight Network Forums

Map! shows wrong airport names

draci

Hi to all,

I've been using MAP! for years now without any major issues, but today after installing some payware scenery I encountered for the first time that MAP! displays a wrong name for the destination airport. At first I thought that this would be easy to correct but so far I didn't find any airport database (I've checked FeelThere/AppData/Documents/ProgramData Folders) where the name could be stored. My second guess was that Map! could be using the information generated by MakeRwys.exe but noticed that in the Runways.xml the airport name is correct. Can anybody out there tell me from WHERE Map! retrieves the airport names it displays and how I can change them. Any help is very much appreciated.

draci

Thank you for your reply,

but the default .pln file does not contain a <city> tag. Actually the problem occurs for the new Doha Airport OTHH for which the flight plan contains the correct tags: ICAO is "OTHH" and Airport Name is "Hamad Intl Airport". However, MAP! displays the Arabic name for Doha which is "Ad Dawha" and I want it to display the English translation "Doha" as the destination. The only place where I found a <city> tag that reads "Al Dawha" is in the Runways.xml file created by MakeRwys.exe. Changing this to "Doha"  unfortunately had no effect on the MAP! display.  So where does the "Al Dawha" String come from? Thank you for your help and patience.

draci