The simFlight Network Forums

Error #14 FSUIPC_ERROR_RUNNING

I am having a problem with Acars programs running from 3 different VAs (FSacars, SWVAcars, smartCARS).

In FSAcars I get the FSUIPC ERROR #14 message that FSUIPC is not running.  This is after I installed v.4.953.

SWVAcars does not proceed beyond its initial phase after login (no FSX information recorded)

smartCARS loads but I receive an error message that FSX is not running.  The forum from that VA suggested it could be a FSUIPC issue which prompted the install of the latest version today.

I am not seeing a current FSUIPC log since this update version but I included the last log prior to the install of the latest version today and am including the dll.xml and FSUIC4 Install logs.

Running FSX with SP2 on WIN10

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.  I have been using a registered version for quite a few years and never experienced problems before.

dll.xml

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.log

7 minutes ago, Roger C said:

In FSAcars I get the FSUIPC ERROR #14 message that FSUIPC is not running. 

This is a matter for FSAcars support, it isn't an FSUIPC message.

7 minutes ago, Roger C said:

This is after I installed v.4.953.

I cannot support old versions. The current version is 4.957b. Please update.

11 minutes ago, Roger C said:

I am not seeing a current FSUIPC log since this update version but I included the last log prior to the install of the latest version today and am including the dll.xml and FSUIC4 Install logs.

The DLL.XML is okay, and the Install log says 4.957b despite you saying 4.953!

The log is from 4.936c, a really old version!!!

If no log is now being produced then FSUIPC is not loading. Since the DLL.XML file does look okay, I suspect FSUIPC is just being refused by settings in your FSX CFG file. You probably rejected it on one of the loads. see the FAQ thread entitled "FSX automatically mistrusts modules (FSUIPC not loaded) - solution"

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply Pete...actually it may have been TOO quick.   I performed the tried and true restart of FSX and the new FSUIPC version loaded and all seems to be working as it should.

On the subject of newer FSUIPC versions...is there a method in place for notification when a new version becomes available?  I did not realize I was using an old one until I visited your page today and saw that there was a newer one.

Again-your support is greatly appreciated -your dedication to helping us sometimes clueless users is to be commended.

1 hour ago, Roger C said:

On the subject of newer FSUIPC versions...is there a method in place for notification when a new version becomes available?

Sorry, no. I don't really much like the idea of FSUIPC periodically going on-line to check. But I do ask folks to check before posting any support questions -- after all, whatever it is they are asking about may be fixed, and in any case Logs and so on from older versions aren't always useful.

Another time to check is when updating versions of fS. I know this isn't relevant to FSX these days, but it certainly still is for P3D.

Pete