The simFlight Network Forums

Problem KLAX

fanfan95

I have a problem with Tower 3D on KLAX. After a plane is landing, it's not possible to taxi the plane to the terminal.

I follow instruction, and I give the message "taxi to terminal" to the plane, but this one stay in place and never go to the terminal.

Have you a solution?

Thank you for your help.

4 hours ago, fanfan95 said:

I have a problem with Tower 3D on KLAX. After a plane is landing, it's not possible to taxi the plane to the terminal.

I follow instruction, and I give the message "taxi to terminal" to the plane, but this one stay in place and never go to the terminal.

Have you a solution?

Thank you for your help.

I have had this happen a couple of times, usually when the plane lands on the runways farthest away from the terminal they need to get to.  I think they just have a problem figuring out the correct taxi ways to take.  Sometimes I can get them to go by giving them specific taxi ways to take and they will get moving.  Sometimes if you just wait long enough they figure it out by themselves and start moving.  I do wind up having to delete a plane here or there because it get's stuck and never moves or gets in the way and I can't wait any longer for them to figure it out.  Not sure there is much you can do with them other than that.

Mike

Runway 6L/24R has a problem because there is no taxiway before you get to the next runway. The program is set so all planes come to a full stop before any runway. Normally, just a Continue Taxi command will restart the plane. But this runway presents a special problem. It requires two commands to move landing planes. I have found the easiest way to handle it is to give the plane a Taxi To Terminal command after it lands but before it stops. After the plane stops, a Continue Taxi command will start it moving again. This works except for the leftmost taxiway. This one does not require a Continue Taxi command so just a Taxi To Terminal command will move it across the next runway.

Further to my earlier post I've re-rum KLAX from 00.00 & CPA97 appears twice at 02.37. On the ground radr screen it appears at 2 different locations & as stated in previous post one is 744/H & the other is 748/H. However the only one that tends to do anything is the one marked as 744/H. Both strips are the same showing the plane going from KLAX to MMMX. Using the latest version of Nyerges Real Traffic.

Another issue I've found running the latest SP3 at KLAX with the latest Nyerges SP for Real Traffic is at 0503 FDX802 enters from PHNL [77L/H] is is allocated to land at runway 24L. The plane lands OK, but once is leaves the runway you assign it to taxi to terminal the plane just sits there & doesn't move. I've tried the other options(Apron & Ramp) in case terminal isn't correct for non passenger carrying aircraft & FDX802 still doesn't move. The only way round it is to delete plan. If you do that however later on another FDX aircraft calls up for being ready to depart but there's no aircarft to move which I assume is this one, but as it has been de3leted there's nothing to depart. The only thing I thoughtis because this aircraft is a cargo flight use must use Ramp or Apron, but that still doesn't make the aircraft taxi. It's a pity you can't re-allocate the runway to land such as 25R inc ase that is a way round the issue like you could on the original Tower simulation. Apologise for not posting a screen grab, but I haven't sussed out how to do that.

On 11/12/2016 at 3:37 PM, 58050 said:

Further to my earlier post I've re-rum KLAX from 00.00 & CPA97 appears twice at 02.37. On the ground radr screen it appears at 2 different locations & as stated in previous post one is 744/H & the other is 748/H. However the only one that tends to do anything is the one marked as 744/H. Both strips are the same showing the plane going from KLAX to MMMX. Using the latest version of Nyerges Real Traffic.

Something went wrong a few SPs ago with Real Traffic.  Gabor & co at Nyerges Design added 748 and 788 aircraft to the package (great idea - keep adding!) but did not delete the the original 744 or 77L lines in the klax_schedule file so have left many flights with 2 lines with the only difference being the aircraft type.

To stop the flights appearing twice at the same time a little edit of the klax_schedule file is required (back up the original first!) then:

a) delete the 744 entries for CX96, CX97, KE213 (arr & dep), KZ109, KZ110 & RU597. Thereby leaving only the 748 entries for those flights.

b) delete the 77L entries for AA26, AA27, AA182, AA183, AA215, AA216, AC791, AC792, AM19, AM647, AV85, DY7087, DY7088, ET504, ET505, JL60, JL69, LA600, LA601, VS7, VS8, VS23, & VS24, Thereby just leaving the 788 entries for those flights.

There are other problems with Real Traffic at all of the airports in T3D and I have edited my files to correct them (thanks to dickparker and others on this forum who have given me some excellent tips on editing RT), it's really easy!