The simFlight Network Forums

2 Problems at KSAN for Tower 3D

GKibby

I have noticed 2 problems that reoccur and are reproducible that effect game play. As another poster mentioned, landing planes overshoot the full stop as they exit the runway. Usually, they will eventually continue taxing. If this happens at Taxiway B6, the plane dies and the only way to clear the plane is to delete it. Here is a screenshot of this problem:

Taxiway B6 Ptoblem.jpg

The second problem involves traffic from north of the runway. Many planes can takeoff on the runway from "C" where the north taxiway ends. If an aircraft requires a longer runway, it must be told to Taxi To Runway 9 and taxi all the way down to the terminal end. This requires crossing the runway in the middle and taxing along the south side. Once the aircraft stops at the runway at C it will not take a Continue Taxi command. It answers "Negative". The only command I have found that will restart taxing is Cleared For Takeoff. A Hold Position command will stop the aircraft but another Cleared for Takeoff command is required to restart it. I added the log file of this session.

game.log

7 hours ago, GKibby said:

I have noticed 2 problems that reoccur and are reproducible that effect game play. As another poster mentioned, landing planes overshoot the full stop as they exit the runway. Usually, they will eventually continue taxing. If this happens at Taxiway B6, the plane dies and the only way to clear the plane is to delete it. Here is a screenshot of this problem:

The second problem involves traffic from north of the runway. Many planes can takeoff on the runway from "C" where the north taxiway ends. If an aircraft requires a longer runway, it must be told to Taxi To Runway 9 and taxi all the way down to the terminal end. This requires crossing the runway in the middle and taxing along the south side. Once the aircraft stops at the runway at C it will not take a Continue Taxi command. It answers "Negative". The only command I have found that will restart taxing is Cleared For Takeoff. A Hold Position command will stop the aircraft but another Cleared for Takeoff command is required to restart it. I added the log file of this session.

As of planes standing on the way of the taxiway: please note the planes must cross the holding line outside of the runway and on KSAN it's on the taxiway. It needs a bit more planning.
Re: it takes ages to move the planes once they get out off the runway. We thought it was a bug in our routing system and we issued at least 2 SPs (one for T!3D itself and one for KJFK) to fix it only to find out during T!3DP's development it was a trivial issue somewhere else. We fixed it for T!3D and the planes are moving within seconds after they leave the runway now. This fix will be added to the SP for the non pro version too once T!3DP is out.

Second problem; yes, unfortunately it's the same as at TIST where GA traffic has a difficulty taking off from RWY 10. This is something that we fixed already and will include the in the SP too.

Thank you for the understanding and the patience

Vic

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the quick answer. Is this part of the problem with planes that exit the runway at Taxiway 8B? Anything that exits there seems to just disappear from the game. If I try to issue a command to them, nothing happens when I click on Send. The command stays in the window and there is no voice acknowledgement. I have left planes there for 10 minutes before i deleted them. This happens to any plane that exits there.

Hmm, no it's not. I somehow overlooked that they don't even respond. Is it happening all the times? Can you please tell me your settings (time, runway, etc) so I can try it too? I'm not as smart to read into the log file :)
The only problem is I have tested KSAN on PRO (sorry I didn't mean to tease you) but I will check it on non pro too. Please let me know.

Vic

7 hours ago, HappyNUyear said:

When using Runway 9 @ KSAN for takeoffs, all FedEx Aircraft taxiing from the Cargo Area stop at hold-line but are unable to cross runway 9 when continue taxi is selected. You can clear said aircraft for takeoff or use line up and wait command. 

Known issue, it will be fixed by the upcoming Tower!3D SP.

Thank you

Vic

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, HappyNUyear said:

When using Runway 9 @ KSAN for takeoffs, all FedEx Aircraft taxiing from the Cargo Area stop at hold-line but are unable to cross runway 9 when continue taxi is selected. You can clear said aircraft for takeoff or use line up and wait command. 

I have found a similar problem at KPHL for all cargo aircraft. They will also cross Rwy 27L, without clearance, after being instructed to "Taxi to Ramp".