The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oeker

Does not work.... P3D 2.5

P3D 2.5

Ezdoc

ORBX scenery

ANS Weather

The Communicator: Found path via Management Locator to both Mytraffic and P3D on. SSD HD  F: flysim\   and F: traffic/Mytraffic/. Hit OK button.

Did not work. Tried to get rid of red text "not copied" . "What is this?" guided me to MS SDK.. Tried a zillion variations combinations of download routes. P3D menus. Tried to path scenery library all the way down to mytraffic scenery folder.

Clean reinstall - deleted folder.

Reading the FSX troubleshooting, there was a hint of traffic.bgl. After hour I find the same tool in P3D menu. Found 4 traffic bgl files. Bagged them in a new folder. Still no aircraft.

Clean reinstall - deleted folder.

Did not touch anything. Except Management Locator.  Hit OK button on both.

P3D scenery library: Giving path to mytraffic folder. Moved down to above "prop" priority.

Restart P3D. No aircraft.

Conclusion. The P3D manual is a mess. Wasted 12 hours. Now I just want my my money back.

Edited by oeker

Got help from Avsim.

A lot is missing in the manual for P3D. 

The cfg procedure with the guy appears in the window when saved and finished is not explained at all for P3D

Avsim procedure is a very good step by step piece of work. Do the same for your manual to avoid hours of frustration.