The simFlight Network Forums
ScottW001

No traffic at airport

Hi, Everyone:

I am having a problem with an airport: FlyTampa's version of CYYZ to be exact. Even when I have the sliders set at `00%, there is no AI traffic. Things are fine at other airports.

I have looked through the forum and can't find a solution for MT6. All the topics seem to apply to  previous versions.

BTW, I have switched to the Steam version of FSX, but I was having the same problem with the older version.

Help!

Thanks,

Scott

I did a little more investigating and realize I have a couple of planes visible at 100% traffic; but only a couple. I used to have a full house. I also installed another FlyTampa scenery for Montreal and there's hardly anything there. I also checked the FsDreamTeam KMEM scenery and it has a few more planes.

I ran the "search for traffic bgl files" from the Communicator. This is all that came up:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery\trafficBoats.bgl
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

The red alert "TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied" is visible on the Communicator. But I'm running the Steam version. What needs to happen?

Thanks again,

Scott

A little more investigation:

Using the detailed installation instructions, I attempted to add My Traffic Professional to the Addon Scenery and now I'm getting this error message.

I also notice there is no AFCAD in the MT6 folder for CYYZ. Even though I would have disabled it in favour of the FlyTampa AFCAD, it should still be there.

Hope someone can help me here.

Scott

FSX-MT6 Error.png

On 1/2/2017 at 8:56 AM, ScottW001 said:

I did a little more investigating and realize I have a couple of planes visible at 100% traffic; but only a couple. I used to have a full house. I also installed another FlyTampa scenery for Montreal and there's hardly anything there. I also checked the FsDreamTeam KMEM scenery and it has a few more planes.

I ran the "search for traffic bgl files" from the Communicator. This is all that came up:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery\trafficBoats.bgl
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

The red alert "TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied" is visible on the Communicator. But I'm running the Steam version. What needs to happen?

Thanks again,

Scott

The first BGL file above is the FSX default AI traffic file and according to the correct use of the Communicator,you should have disabled it. The way to do that manually is to use the Windows Explorer and rename that file to trafficAircraft.bgl.original. Because that file was active, you were seeing some default AI traffic.

As to scenery.cfg, you most likely have a typo in the path to that area, so go back into edit and check the entry carefully against the actual path. You might want to click the Edit Area ... button  for the MyTraffic entry, do a screen capture and then post it. Lastly, it might be worthwhile to recheck your FSX.cfg to see if the path to the My Traffic aircraft SimObjects folder is correct.

BTW, My Traffic 6.0a does contain a modified airport for KMEM and it is  BR2_KMEM.BGL  This make me wonder that maybe that folder may be corrupt in some way.

Thank you so much for responding. I'm in business.

I did disable the default AI using the Communicator but it didn't work. So I renamed the file.

Then I checked the path in scenery.cfg and it was C:/../../../../My Trafic Professional. That was after installing the scenery using the settings. So I got rid of the dots and slashes and everything seems to work now.

Really appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Scott