The simFlight Network Forums

Next 3D Release?

winsaudi

Hi Vic & team,

Have you decided on the release order for the anticipated updates to 3D?  Or are the 3D SP, the new airport add-on & Pro all inter-dependent so they will all be released at the same time?  Any clues for which airport will be the add-on?

W

Currently we are beta testing the multiplayer mode (it is so fun at busy airports). Tomorrow we plan to test local traffic and replace the menu (yes, PRO will have a new logo :) ). The only thing left is the multi monitor. We had so many problems with the game engine's multi monitor support we decided to write our own. 

3 hours ago, winsaudi said:

FeelThere team,

Very many thanks for replying to my cry for info.  As usual, I await new releases/upgrades with anticipation. Multi-monitor is a must have for me so it was very pleasing to read that you have opted to write your own code.

W

Thank you. I fully agree with you; we need multimonitor for the PRO version for sure. The rest of the commands are pretty much tested we have only a handful of bugs left. We are working on the updated PRO menu today :)

Vic, when you mention that you were to test "local traffic" in your post above, what does that mean? Local as in Touch and Go operations from local GA traffic or something else? If so, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a new feature and not in the standard version correct? :)

Mike

Sorry for all the questions, just one last :) If I purchase an addon airport for the Tower3D Pro version as well as Real Traffic from Nyerges, is that GA traffic you talk about doing T&G etc part of a new Nyerges Real Traffic addon product just for Tower!3D Pro that adds flights for Local GA traffic or is the Nyerges Real Traffic addon just airline schedules and the schedule for traffic doing T&G etc is a separate schedule from you that work in combination with their airline schedule?

Why I am curious is because you say Tower3D Standard did not include any GA "special operation" procedures yet Nyerges had the Real Traffic addon for it so I guess Nyerges will have to add that local traffic in their schedule?

.....Hope this did not sound too confusing as it actually just did to me when I wrote it :)

Mike  

I hope you are :)
Here is what is left:
-multi monitor (this is our nightmare for now :) )
-some multiplayer communication
-some small bugs
-Steam compatibility (Pro will be released directly by us and this Steam version will always receive the updates as soon as we update Pro on our website. Also we plan to add all the airport add-ons as DLCs to the PRO version on Steam)
-finalize the manual

I believe we are talking about weeks and not months now :) Once it's out then we will make Tower!2011 Steam compatible too to bring that onto Steam as well. There is a possibility for porting Tracon! too to Steam if it will make sense. Once everything is done and all the SPs are out we'll may make a major new development announcement but that is still months away :)

Thank you everybody :)

Vic

Thank you Vic.  It is rare and very much appreciated when developers offer this level of status information.  It is greatly appreciated, and makes it much easier for all to adjust anticipation levels realistically, allowing us to be exited without being disappointed.  For now, I will channel my energy toward the soon to be released PMDG 744, but fear not I will be checking here regularly for updates.  Thanks again.

Andrew

Many thanks Vic for the status of Pro development. Please persevere with multi-monitor, I for one think that feature is essential and I am happy to wait. 

In the meantime is there a chance of an earlier release of an SP to Tower!3D (original flavor) while you battle the multi-monitor demons? Perhaps one that eliminates the small number of gate spinners and reduces problems with the few aircraft that will not taxi after landing? I'm sure you written that those 'characteristics' have been eliminated during the development of Pro.

18 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Just a quick update: looks like we solved the multi monitor problem :) 

Very good to hear.  Thank you for working so hard to make multi-monitor happen.    I mean no pressure, and I am not asking for a concrete answer yet, but have you begun more seriously thinking about some means of compensating early adopters of Tower!3D who wish to upgrade to Pro?  This is still rather important to many of us.

I am not a good negotiator, that is why I take my friend with me when I have to buy a car.

6 hours ago, Avwriter said:

...have you begun more seriously thinking about some means of compensating early adopters of Tower!3D who wish to upgrade to Pro?...

So as far as Tower3D Pro is concerned, when it is released, I admit it, I'm a wimp, I gotta have it!!!!! But not a penny over $499.99 USD or I might have to wait for the FeelThere Summer Sale.

RickyJ