The simFlight Network Forums
dookster49

Gates Full

It seems that the gates are always occupied at most medium/large airports that I fly in to. I fly the A320 and typically need a medium gate. Is that typical for MyTraffic? Are there settings to lessen some of the gate occupancy? Thanks!

What are your settings in-sim for commercial and GA activity levels (%)? With My T 6, 30-40% gives real world traffic levels. My T 6 includes a host of revised airports that will accommodate these levels. Once one goes over those settings, one will see "overflow" and the wrong types of aircraft will show up gates and ramps. Overflow also occurs when My T 6 traffic schedules (or WOAI for that matter) are used at default airports which often cannot accommodate the various types and sizes of AI aircraft.

There is a nice piece of freeware, AI Flight Planner (AIFP):

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

which is used to make and edit AI schedules but it also has the capability to asses overflow conditions at specific airports.