The simFlight Network Forums

0x6D60 creates [Window] in fsuipc.cfg, and then creates many many lines of this...

Hi,

I decided it would be neat to rename the message window for each flight, so I set 0x6D60 once at the start of the flight to be something corny like "ATTN: EIN203 EI-CVB" and then send messages the standard way through 0x3380.

However, now whenever a message is sent, a line is added to my fsuipc.cfg each time the message is sent to  0x3380.

[Window.ATTN: EIN203 EI-CVB]
!1=]
Docked=0, 0, 0, 0

!2=]
Docked=0, 0, 0, 0

!3=]
Docked=0, 0, 0, 0

!4=]
Docked=0, 0, 0, 0

etc... etc... etc...

Is this a feature, or something I'm setting incorrectly somewhere?  My fsuipc.cfg consequently gets quite large after a few flights, because I send stacks of msgs to the window.

Thanks very much,

Bryn.

There's no !1=], !2=]  etc text in FSUIPC. It looks like you are setting 06D0 every time and with a different string. Have you made sure there's a zero at then end of your title string?

The ! prefix is usually attached to a line in the INI file when it isn't a valid line for a Windows Profile file (INIs and CFGs), so it might be just the n=] which is originally written, and the ] on its own is invalid.

I need know the version of FSUIPC, please (ALWAYS needed), and it might help if you showed me the fragment(s) of your program which write to 6D60 and 3380. What sort of things are you writing to 3380?

Pete

Two other points:

1. [Window ...] sections in the INI are only written once when the Window is started, and once when it is closed, which is only at the end of the complete FS session. When it appears to be closed during the session, it is only made invisible.

2. The title is set when the Window is first created, when you do the first multi-line write to 3380 / 32FA. It is never re-created until the next session, and the title is never changed once set. This is actually stated in the documentation for 6D60. Loading a new flight will neither re-create the Window nor change the title.

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

My fsuipc.cfg

I just noticed this. Do you mean FSUIPC4.INI? There's no CFG files used, and FSUIPC.INI would be for the FSUIPC3 version, in FS2004 or before.

If you are using FS2004 I'm afraid I can't really test what you are doing again as I don't have that 14-year old sim any more (and not for years). FSUIPC3 stopped development quite a while ago, though it did have a long overlapping period with FSUIPC4 (which has itself been going now for 12 years!)

Pete

Thanks Pete.  Sorry, I mean't fsuipc.ini.  My version is 4.959.

Adding a zero to the end of my string seems to have fixed the problem. The program is not writing [Window] entries every time I write to 3380/32FA now. It still writes a [Window] entry on the first write to 3380, though. (3380, not 6D60).  

Bryn.