The simFlight Network Forums

64 bit compatibility?

Hello Pete,

I think you deserve the full price for a new product, for all the work you do for us simmers !

I will buy the new P3D version, when you release the new FSUIPC so that all my hardware works again as before.

A big "Dankeschön" from Germany !

Edited by Groschenbuegel

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Tuesday. And FSUIPC5 will be a new product, not an upgrade. It's been too much work to have it as just an upgrade.

That's absolutely okay with me. I've been using FSUIPC for - I actually don't know - years now after buying it once. Making a new version and collecting some money for it is an excellent solution indeed.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

I didn't need to "reconsider" as I hadn't decided way back at the beginning of the year.

There will be an FSUIPC5 for P3D4, but first release won't coincide with the rather rushed (in my opinion) release of P3D4 on Tuesday. And FSUIPC5 will be a new product, not an upgrade. It's been too much work to have it as just an upgrade.

The user weather stuff is stripped out, and some other facilities do not yet work (mouse macros, menu diversion, frictions just to name three). They are dependent on further P3D development.

Pete

You are one of the most wanted person in the community right now and this statement will be wide-spread very quickly.

Thank you so much for the works you have contributed and moving forward.
Hoang Le

I for one will be very happy to stump up a quid! Hell, it'll be worth it. :-)  I've banged a few nails in FSW's coffin since my first look at it but no FSUIPC was the last and biggest one.

I was kidding about a quid.

I'll go to two quid!

Pete,

Thank you. This is great news. Add me to the list of people who don't mind paying for a new version. I have been using FSUIPC for years. Sim flight without it would be difficult for me.

Ian

• Upvote 1

I didn't need to "reconsider" as I hadn't decided way back at the beginning of the year.

There will be an FSUIPC5 for P3D4, but first release won't coincide with the rather rushed (in my opinion) release of P3D4 on Tuesday. And FSUIPC5 will be a new product, not an upgrade. It's been too much work to have it as just an upgrade.

Pete

+1

I am buying it of course.

Pete -  That is great news!  Many thanks!  And I absolutely agree with the others here that you should charge a fee for the new registration.....even to the extent that there are no "free" basic versions.  You do far more than your fair share on this and should be commensurately rewarded. 

But sooner than later someone else is going to need to step up to the plate on this....We cannot rely on Pete forever.  Ultimately FSUIPC should be integral with the P3D SDK.  I have to assume it is in LM's best interests as well.  LM would be smart to work a deal with Pete to do that.

Fred K

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

The user weather stuff is stripped out, and some other facilities do not yet work (mouse macros, menu diversion, frictions just to name three). They are dependent on further P3D development.

Pete

Thank you Pete.  I will be more than willing to re-purchase FSUIPC.  I have been using the version that I have for about ten years.  A 64bit version for P3Dv4 would be outstanding.

Just now, Gypsy Baron said:

will FSUIPC5 retain/include the lua capabilities that we currently have in FSUIPC4?

Yes, identically, except that the Lua Display on screen options will be rather limited until I get more facilities from L-M as that area is via digging into the code in FS9 - FSX- FSX-SE and 32-bit P3D (all similar in that area).  (That was one of the exceptions I forgot to mention).

Pete

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, identically, except that the Lua Display on screen options will be rather limited until I get more facilities from L-M as that area is via digging into the code in FS9 - FSX- FSX-SE and 32-bit P3D (all similar in that area).  (That was one of the exceptions I forgot to mention).

Pete

Great. The lua display feature isn't critical to my scripts but they do help me to know which of 8 or 10 groups of controller assignments I have currently set and the assignment for each of my 10 switches on my throttle quads.my switches or in other scripts what elevator trim or rudder trim I have dialed in and myriad other settings/states.

Paul

My heart missed a beat when I first read about FSUIPC potentially missing with p3dv4! Thanks for your immense contributions. I would like to suggest that you give those who want to the opportunity to add an amount, at their discretion,  to the regular subscription as a token of appreciation. You deserve every penny for your outstanding work.

Charles

Edited by CJSCH
spelling

Thanks Pete for making a version 5.

This means that I can continue using my OC hardware with Prosim in P3Dv4 and other Fsuipc dependant apps.

After years of free updates it is only normal that a new v5 is a new payware program.

Hi Pete

Fantastic news, that you will provide FSUIPC for P3DV4. My B737 homecockpit needs FSUIPC for sure. But I have a question: Would it be an option to make FSUIPC5 an event driven system instead of  polling simconnect and PMDG NGX data, i.e. update data only at start and on changes? IMHO this would reduce PC load significantly. Just my two cents...

Urs