The simFlight Network Forums
ega

Unable to select FSX path (answered)

Hello,

I just re-installed FSC 9 in my client computer after getting a new (server) computer. Before everything worked fine using a network connection

Unfortunately now I cannot set the FSX path in the DBManager. I am certain that the proper files are shared and the corresponding drives mounted ( I can see and change them in the client computer). In the same laptop I run AS2016 and it runs fine and therefore the network configuration is OK.

I searched the forum and thought there are a few reports on this same issue I could not get any tip. I do have FSC in c:\Games and run it always As Administrator.

Is there anything I can do so and I can the see  the necessary drive letter (Z: in my case) in the box "Select FS Path here" of  Data Manager? Is it possible to write the FS path directly in the ini´s of FSC or of FSCDBManager? 

Thanks

Ega  

1. FSX-SE (stand alone) 
2. FSUIPC: 4960 / WideFS: 6989
3. I use the FSC in a network! Yes 

4. FS Commander: 9.6.07 and Database Manager: 9.6 Rev.7 -build 20/05/2016

5. Which provider and period of the AIRAC Cycle:none
6. downloaded version from your website - with SimMarket key for version 9 (after upgrading from 8.6) 
7. Operating System (Windows 10 /64 bit
8. How many monitors are used: 1

Hi Volker,

Thanks for your message.

Yes, no mounted drives (X:, Y: and Z: in my case) are shown. Therefore the DBManager claims it cannot find FSX path.

I am certain (well, almost...) that the drives are correctly mounted. In my client laptop I can see and modify all the drives mounted.. Also, Windows Explorer shows these drives.

I did already reinstall the latest version of FSC but the problem persists. 

Kind regards and thanks

Ega  

Hi Ega,

Unfortunately this is not a problem caused by the FSCommander or can be remedied.
The operating system provides the data to the FSC ... or not.
I also run the DbManager in a network under WIN 10 and have no problems. (See attached screenshot)
I can not offer a solution if your problem can not be verified here.

Regards,
Volker

FSC9_6_Rev_X_WIN10_Network_DbManager.jpg

Thanks again.

Can I manually add the correct FSX path in the fsc or dbManger ini´s?

Regards

Ega

Hi Ega,
I think this is not the solution.
What the DBManager can not display, it can not access it.
Still, you can try it.
I would be more interested in solving the real network problem.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

Thanks for caring to answer.

That is odd - I checked the registry and the driver letters are there. In addition, AS2016 in network works fine!

No idea what is the problem!!

Kind regards

Ega  

Hi Ega,
Let us think about a workaround.
Also install the FSCommander on your server. Run the Database Manager on your server.
Now copy the complete folder /database from your server to the client, via the network.

Kind regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

Thanks for your time!

I followed your suggestion, the database folder is there but FSC cannot connect to FSX (because the paths to FSX are not there!) . I just tried with the freeware G-Plan and it connected immediately.    

The problem is that in the window to select the FSX path, FSC shows only the hard drive (c:\) and all the folders in them. In other programs (AS2016 and G-Plan) the corresponding window show the hard drive and also all the drives (X:, Y: etc.). So I believe my problem is related to how FSC reads these drives. I have no doubt they are correctly mounted - it is just that FSC that cannot find them!

Oddly I had been using FSC for many years without any problem, even with Windows10 lately. But as I upgraded to a new computer, the problem surfaced.

I am very grateful for your help!  

Warmest regards

Ega  

Hello

I am also using as the previous companion, the program on a second computer connected in network. I use different programs and these find the path to the simulator correctly, but not with the FSC9.

I see that this post is from the month of February and I would like to ask if they solved the problem and if there is a solution :-)

My operating system is W7

Thank you very much.

Texanrar

Hi Ega,

Maybe it has nothing to do with your problem, but today I upgraded to FSC V9.7 and ran into the same problem......could not specify my FSX path in the DB Manager.

You have to double click the drive and then you can set the path to FSX.

Maybe this will help you.

Regards Fred